Replacement brakes for the gen4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
I am thinking of calling the dealer tomorrow and asking for a credit value for not having the replacement calipers that are on backorder, and using that towards buying some brembos. Otherwise I cant see getting my bike until the summer, or later as things stand.

Can anyone advise if, for instance, the gen3 M4 calipers fit, and if there are any issues, or other alternatives I should be looking at...

Last edited:
M4 would fit and probably the cheapest. They would require different pads.

Also GP4RX, Beringer are the options

Brembo

Brembo GP4-RX calipers are a direct fit and work with the OEM brake lines.

Thanks, do you have a link to the ones I will need to order? Also do the m4 pads fit the gp4rzx calipers.

Brembo

If you are ordering a set of Brembo GP4-RX calipers then just make sure that you order the 100mm version.

Brembo Brake Pads

As far as I?m aware brake pads for the GP4-RX and M4 calipers are the same.

Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

My only other point is make sure that you shop around to get the best deal as prices do vary a bit. Try alpha Racing, Mode Performance, Reactive Parts and Carpimoto to name but a few.

Re: Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

My only other point is make sure that you shop around to get the best deal as prices do vary a bit. Try alpha Racing, Mode Performance, Reactive Parts and Carpimoto to name but a few.

Don't try Alpha unless prepared to pay Alpha tax for same thing

Key point is your guarantee when you change to Brembo then it goes away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Key point is your guarantee when you change to Brembo then it goes away

yeah, it?s great having a guarantee that effectively has meant my bike has been sat at the dealers for longer than I have had it. Brembo will guarantee their parts and tbh I trust them more than this bollocks of a fuckup hayes leaking caliper crap. I really dont want a bike where I know I will inspect the brake calipers every time I get on it for fear of fluid loss on to the discs, even if they are ?fixed?. Once bitten...

Last edited:
yeah, it?s great having a guarantee that effectively has meant my bike has been sat at the dealers for longer than I have had it. Brembo will guarantee their parts and tbh I trust them more than this bollocks of a fuckup hayes leaking caliper crap. I really dont want a bike where I know I will inspect the brake calipers every time I get on it for fear of fluid loss on to the discs, even if they are ?fixed?. Once bitten...

Yeah I meant the rest of the bike and it?s guarantee. Unless you?re super friends with your dealership and then he covers for you.

We exaggerate here. All agree Brembo is top. But the calipers from the RR perform good as well. For one the cylinder might be the part to change if you want a more direct feel.
I would put Brembo if I could but for sure my dealership won?t keep my guarantee. And in this bike it is a 3 year one.

Yeah I meant the rest of the bike and it?s guarantee. Unless you?re super friends with your dealership and then he covers for you.

We exaggerate here. All agree Brembo is top. But the calipers from the RR perform good as well. For one the cylinder might be the part to change if you want a more direct feel.
I would put Brembo if I could but for sure my dealership won?t keep my guarantee. And in this bike it is a 3 year one.

Your dealership sounds horrific. Changing a caliper shouldn't invalidate the warranty on the whole bike - that's just dumb.

Those Calipers worry me....and I don't have them on my bike... and I'm being serious !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

im yet to take delivery of mine yet but at least this guys got brembos on his..... and they are prob better too

Attachments

• F96C6013-6B95-4D22-B906-324097CA22C0.jpeg
    F96C6013-6B95-4D22-B906-324097CA22C0.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 46
Spoke to the dealer this morning and explained that I would be happy to accept some sort of credit for not taking the replacement hayes calipers because they were unlikely to arrive anytime soon (they have had my bike since 17th Feb with the calipers on backorder), and instead I could order some M4 calipers and get them to fit them (BMW put M4s on the HP4 so why not this bike). Was told it was up to BMW UK. So I phoned BMW UK and eventually got told it was a dealer decision. BMW UK spoke to the dealer to explain it was up to them. Then the dealer called me back to say no way were they going to agree to anything like that and would only release the bike back to me once the warranty work was done. So I have said I will have to look at rejecting the bike if it is not going to be sorted anytime soon. They've gone away to have a think... the bike has been back with them for around 8 weeks since I got it delivered in early September. I think I am being reasonable?

Back