Coronavirus/House Boredom

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Japan should be somewhere we look at for how they handled it. We need to learn from them. Higher density of people 50x less deaths. It DOES depend on if they are recording and comparing apples for apples. But indicatively it suggests that they did a far better job of managing this.

All the countries hit by SARS learned and were much better prepared. All the countries not hit by SARS looked at those affected and took zero notes. Turns out all the PPE we did store for this didn't meet British Standards. Heads should role in NHS mgmt for that...including Han-Cock.

Japan
Population: 126m
Density: 336 people per square kilometer
COVID19 deaths: 624

UK
Population: 66m
Density: 281 people per square Kilometer
COVID19 deaths: 31,855

Both Islands of the coast of a larger Body.

Yeah, Japan is the puzzle.

I've read that they are faking death numbers, same way as Russia does being 3rd in the table by infected.

So its back to work for me tomorrow. I popped into work on Friday to ensure that all passwords were reset.... have to say I was disappointed with no social distancing with my colleagues and I ended up having to say something. God knows what tomorrow will bring when customers are allowed in but we are going to be operating a queueing system like the supermarkets.

Anyone else back to work?

So its back to work for me tomorrow. I popped into work on Friday to ensure that all passwords were reset.... have to say I was disappointed with no social distancing with my colleagues and I ended up having to say something. God knows what tomorrow will bring when customers are allowed in but we are going to be operating a queueing system like the supermarkets.

Anyone else back to work?

Take care Marc, and do keep following the social distancing advice!

The Govt science advisers are being very cautious and measured in what they are saying, even if the politicians are not. The virus is still out there and at higher levels here than the rest of Europe.

Last edited:
Take care Marc, and do keep following the social distancing advice!

The Govt science advisers are being very cautious and measured in what they are saying, even if the politicians are not. The virus is still out there and at higher levels here than the rest of Europe.

Thanks.....been at work for 2 hours and its all like headless chickens. Promise of PPE yet its all tucked away in storage.....Screamed at to see live customers but yet we have had to sort out PPE ourselves....

We shall be experts in a couple of days lol

Your superiors are well out of order Marc, don't do what you're not happy with and follow your instincts.

I was back in today too, cleared our desks, mail, calls etc.

Still cant arrange viewings, new listings both sales and lettings on hold, I've got some lovely stuff waiting to come on the market but surveyors on hold too for Home Reports which are Mandatory in Scotland..

The only sales that have concluded are the ones pre lockdown...luckily my income hasnt been affected to any great degree thanks to our lettings.

So far looking like the 18th June for us...so far !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It?s different down south. I was in the middle of a house sale / purchase when lockdown came. I managed to find a house to purchase a week before lockdown and saw a mortgage advisor the day before. Thank god I did as I wouldn?t have got a mortgage otherwise going online. Managed to get a homebuyers and electrical surveys done, numerous calls between estate agents and solicitors all working. Should exchange next week and complete 26 June.

Good man, really fortunate and good timing there Jamie !... most of our income comes from having a very healthy rental book but my sales side which is a nice top up has dwindled.

My nieces transacted on Friday as we had a sale secured on it 20th March 2 days before lockdown which was really lucky, I know exactly what you went through..

The girl that bought it is from Muir of Ord, I told her the story about me getting a pair of tyres fitted on my 1st Gen 1 10R in 2014 in BRC motorcycles in Muir of Ord and the guy breaking the bead with a spade.. she's like oh yea that's John so and so.. talk about a small world lol..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back