Coronavirus/House Boredom

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Stuart.
I hate this lockdown as I?m on my own now 24/7, so I do everything myself.
It wasn?t always like that as I was married until the dreaded big C reared it?s ugly head 5 years ago[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done roadrunner, great job you have done there. I've done a bit too, mowed the lawns and trimmed the hedges for both front and rear gardens, jet washed the decking, scraped the drive with wire brush to remove any moss and then jet washed that too. All looking nice and fresh now. Also bought my daughter a new bicycle and stuck up a bike rack on the garage wall, looks good and quite impressed with it.

Sorry to hear of your loss 5 years ago, take care at this difficult time, keeping busy is always good and stay in touch with friends and family via technology where possible. It's not ideal but can help us get through this crisis.

RR. Always pick the phone up and speak to people. No one doesn't like a random catch up.

Thanks for your concerns fellas But
after 5 years I?m used to it.....but I?ve got to say I still don?t like being on my own.
I do have a lady friend I?m very keen on and have been seeing her for 16 months, 3 days, and 14 hours....... well I did say I was keen, didn?t I [emoji3]
The trouble is she?s locked down at hers and I?m locked down at mine and although she?s only 6 miles away it might as well be 100.
We FaceTime each other most days but Saturday are special. We talk until about 3.00am, sometimes longer and both get very drunk. It?s the best we can do in the present climate. But it?s lovely and I look forward to Saturdays especially.
Can?t wait to get this virus thing over with and get out on the bikes with her on the pillion [emoji965]

go for a walk together, physical exercises are allowed, walk is a physical exercise

Yes I know BBB, I?ve been down that road already..........
Trouble is she?s one of the ?at risk? people and because she had cancer 20 years ago she?s been advised to stay at home.
Anyway if I tried to to take her out, her daughter would probably remove my gonads[emoji2960]
Despite my age, I still need ?em[emoji4]

I still have a business to run but not being too bothered by the guys at work and having the kids at home has given me some time to do a few jobs. So far:

- washed and polished cars, upgraded a few bits on the RR (got rid of some of the silver/chrome for black)
- modified the kids garden jungle gym (now they are older it was getting a bit tight) by removing and upgrading a few sections.
- used the excess wood from above to build a compost bin and a new house for the robo mower (rather pleased with the latter).
- used some more of the wood to make bike jump ramps which made me feel young again!
- cleaned all the gutters.
- relaid a few patio/path slabs that were rocking.
- planted up the new greenhouse with lots of lovely veggies.
- fixed some perimeter fencing and rabbit proofed the usual runs.

Next jobs are to paint the new robomower house and build some more bamboo climbing frames for the various things starting to grow.

I wanted to build a new bigger shed but have to wait for the builders merchants to start delivering again.

Trying to make sure I go running every 3/4 days to keep fit.

Had my exercise today...

Zombie apocalypse...

Trafalgar Sq
663aa737c5e59ec927d771fa4fe6247b.jpg

Trafalgar Sq
8f550943f8bd000bed466c2129bf9d12.jpg

Trafalgar Sq
d7ccb5ced9def830fb7d039fb3852606.jpg

Leicester Sq
ff5dd30f610cea4d157eef2b009fa739.jpg

China Town
0858c38fbcd9dac0b25398f66d52aca6.jpg

Golden Jubilee Bridge viewing the Eye and Westminster
ab63293e8ab9ed5ea5877ba5f8c62b84.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
I also live alone and been finding this really tough,ive been going out cycling most evenings and weekends I have never had so many people nod ,smile say hello and be so happy to see me
I wonder how long it will last

Yes I know what you mean.
I?ve been doing some walking as exercise and to get my new knee working.
It?s funny to see other walkers all taking a wide detour as they pass, usually with a smile and saying ?nothing personal?[emoji4]

I'd love to get out on the bike, stuck in the house on the turbo trainer, bloody wife won't even let me go off the grounds for a walk incase I meet someone and can pass them on the road? We live in the country and the roads are only just 2 car widths but really???

Have managed 1100km though on the turbo and 8500m of climbing so far this month.

I'd love to get out on the bike, stuck in the house on the turbo trainer, bloody wife won't even let me go off the grounds for a walk incase I meet someone and can pass them on the road? We live in the country and the roads are only just 2 car widths but really???

Have managed 1100km though on the turbo and 8500m of climbing so far this month.
i dont own a turbo my brain couldnt handle it but thats impressive mileage on one,my brother is a swift junky
I live south of Birmingham but can get onto some beautiful roads from here very quickly and the cotswolds if I am feeling brave
Pushbike sales are though the roof and I see a ton of cyclists out

I bought a wattbike at the start of the month, still waiting for delivery :/

Decided that it was the only way to get me to exercise regularly, lockdown or not.

With luck early May it will arrive.

- Alex

I had a 30 mile cycle yesterday, we're fortunate to have an old military road which connects loads of farms all the way to Drymen at the foot of Loch Lomond, I doubt any more than 6 cars and two tractors passed. I bumped into a good pal of mine when I set off... how "lucky" was that !....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
my problem is I rode my motorbike like I ride a pushbike ,light on the brakes,trying to save energy,no knee sticking out,coasting round a corner
My friend who came from motorbike racing to pushbikes rides his pushbike like his motorbike head down hanging off all over the place wasting energy its funny to watch

I bought a wattbike at the start of the month, still waiting for delivery :/

Decided that it was the only way to get me to exercise regularly, lockdown or not.

With luck early May it will arrive.

- Alex

Great piece of kit, wish I could justify the cost. You'll enjoy it, we have the atom one at work as one of the employees is an Ironman competitor, he went to Hawaii last year to compete.

Only one piece of advice, get a massive fan as otherwise the sweat will pour off you.

Charlie

Great piece of kit, wish I could justify the cost. You'll enjoy it, we have the atom one at work as one of the employees is an Ironman competitor, he went to Hawaii last year to compete.

Only one piece of advice, get a massive fan as otherwise the sweat will pour off you.

Charlie
No idea what a watt bike is, but, I can confirm that a static cycle, the kind that uses a generator to make electricity that it dumps as heat, will drain everything you have! A fan is essential, and a towel, and an iPad to keep you interested. I watch motorbike YouTube?s, races etc, far too difficult to endure unless the mind drifts elsewhere. Also, a rowing machine afterwards is excellent at keeping the upper bits up to strength. Rowers use a different set of muscles, but these are the ones that are most important when riding your bike.
A set of dumbbells if you have anything left after that lot, does help. A few stretches after too.
disclaimer: I think giving up the pack a day I smoke would probably be far more beneficial... so no health advice offered here!

No idea what a watt bike is, but, I can confirm that a static cycle, the kind that uses a generator to make electricity that it dumps as heat, will drain everything you have! A fan is essential, and a towel, and an iPad to keep you interested. I watch motorbike YouTube?s, races etc, far too difficult to endure unless the mind drifts elsewhere. Also, a rowing machine afterwards is excellent at keeping the upper bits up to strength. Rowers use a different set of muscles, but these are the ones that are most important when riding your bike.
A set of dumbbells if you have anything left after that lot, does help. A few stretches after too.
disclaimer: I think giving up the pack a day I smoke would probably be far more beneficial... so no health advice offered here!
Btw, both the static cycle and rower are cheap amazon purchases, and they?ve both lasted for years with no problems or maintenance. I think I paid around ?500 for both.

I?ve been looking at getting a Abba Skylift for ages for the place in Spain as I?ve not got the room for a conventional ramp. Any time they come up they?re mikes away and folk won?t post.
sitting bored I was looking at them and they?re really easy to make actually. Almost ordered a load of box section and a ram but I?ve managed to resist the urge for now.

ill see how I get on next week after I?ve been home a week and got some garage time in

Back