Akrapovic MotoGP stubby

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the Akra stubby after getting a very nice deal from the dealer whilst picking up my bike. Couldn't really say no. Looks a lot better than stock, sound is deeper, not much more volume, but looking forward to getting the limiter off to hear it at higher revs. Definitely sounds good in tunnels...

HertsTiff which dealer sorted you out with the stubby?

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great and thanks. I will put the premiership to the test. [emoji106]

I do like the look of the Austin Racing slip-on.
Anyone got one of those fitted without the full system?
wouldn't mind knowing what they sound like.

what difference does the premier membership make on the akra stubby then?

i must say, the stubby options are growing on me. I love the look of the SC Project one and the Akra one is nice looking too.

Sounds from both are an improvement on stock so solid options I think.

I do like the look of the Austin Racing slip-on.
Anyone got one of those fitted without the full system?
wouldn't mind knowing what they sound like.

what difference does the premier membership make on the akra stubby then?
Nige sending u a pm

I went for the Akra stubby in the end (even though I LOVED my Austin Racing on my Gen3). It weights nothing and adds a bit more bassy volume. It's not as loud as my old AR, but adds the pops and burbles back giving the experience a bit more personality.

I tried Cotswold who said they didn't do the stubby and I called prime factors who said they'd go away and get a price but never got back to me (I'm not too narked about that with all of the corona chaos going on). In the end I picked it up from CalSport on ebay for ?585 (the cheapest I found was from emlineamoto in Itally https://emlineamoto.com/en/s-b10so11-cbt.html for ?572.83, they were responsive, but I got it in a couple of days from CalSport and do not posses any patience!)

I have the Akra stubby, you can see it in my profile picture.

I have the full system on it now, it's not making the neighbours happy :wink-new:

Just the stubby is fairly quiet, just a deeper tone, but the full system could probably wake the dead..

Last edited:
I have the Akra stubby, you can see it in my profile picture.

I have the full system on it now, it's not making the neighbours happy :wink-new:

Just the stubby is fairly quiet, just a deeper tone, but the full system could probably wake the dead..

That Akra (website) reported 114 dB caused me to go no further than fitting the stubby, I?d like to ditch that lump of cat etc but you?ve just reminded that I shouldn?t do this if I want my neighbours to maintain a social distance from my throat / bollocks ?

That Akra (website) reported 114 dB caused me to go no further than fitting the stubby, I?d like to ditch that lump of cat etc but you?ve just reminded that I shouldn?t do this if I want my neighbours to maintain a social distance from my throat / bollocks ?

? Was meant to be ?

I have this can on mine.

It sounds different but it?s not loud because the exhaust valve is still operating.
There is a sticker in the pack that
I am sure it would not affect warranty.

Mine is a track only bike, primarily Euro trackdays, no noise limits in Spain or Italy

Hello Lads, just reviving the thread a bit. How much does the Akra stubby come in please with the prem membership? Its either that or the Austin racing I want, plus do you have the option of buying the stubby now and then the rest of the system later when funds allow

I bought the Akropovic GP can last year, I paid ?670, there are better deals now, I think around ?600.

You can fit the GP can on the full system, I have both now.

I?ll probably buy a longer can as well.
I?m currently deciding what to do about ECU mapping, I?m 90% sure I?m going with RS2E, what are your thoughts?

Back