Standard VS HP Wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
What's people's opinions on the HP wheels versus the standard wheels, are they worth the extra money and is the difference noticeable?

I've got a set of standard spare wheels for my Gen 3 track bike and was thinking of selling them and upgrading to a set of HP wheels, but will I actually see any benefit?

Definitely Less rotational mass, less gyroscopic effect, bike will accelerate faster, stop easier and the main thing you will notice is the direction change will be easier.

It's effort. They take less effort to turn the bike.

As to whether it's worth it, brand new from BMW no. But if someone is selling a set for 14-1600 then they are worth it, especially if you don't have a set of spares already.

Alternatively, my Titax rims were ?1200 new in 2015/16.

If we're talking about effort, the first thing to do is to buy suspension travel sensor and figure out front springs ... for each track you go to.
costs 500 at max, including springs.

this will make your bike turn much better than HP wheels

there better things to spend your money on imo if your looking for improved perormance,yes they are "better" in theory,but will it help you knock seconds of your lap times? no,not really.

i'm looking at buying a new Gen 4 and the one the dealer currently has in stock is a Hockenheim Silver with the Performance Package incl. the HP wheels and they're pushing the wheels big time. I won't be riding it on track. Fast road riding will be the extent of what I'll be doing.

Any real benefit to them unless I'm tracking it?

i'm looking at buying a new Gen 4 and the one the dealer currently has in stock is a Hockenheim Silver with the Performance Package incl. the HP wheels and they're pushing the wheels big time. I won't be riding it on track. Fast road riding will be the extent of what I'll be doing.

Any real benefit to them unless I'm tracking it?

Make sure to at least get Dynamic package that gives you DDC suspension, heated grips and cruise control.

As for Race package (one that includes forged wheels) - it's really track focused. There is no real benefit having it on the road, e.g. Pro modes disable any kind of bluetooth connectivity.

Yup. Cheers for that. Dynamic package is a definite. I figured the Race package was very much geared towards taking the bike out on track so that's not really something of interest to me. All good.

Back