What are people paying for remap??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPJ

Reaction score
I?ve been quote ?540 to do a custom map /ecu flash on my gen 1 S1000RR, this seems expensive to me but wondered what other people are paying??

Starting again -

Phil Crowe, Dave Wood Racing, HM Racing, Track Electronics would be places to get quotes from.

?540 doesn't sound too extreme. Depends on the specification of what they will configure.

?350 for ecu remap with junction 33 in Galgate, Lancaster.

Are the Lambda sensors wide-band or narrow-band? J33 tells me if they are Wide-band sensors he can program the bike to constantly correct the mapping, which I really like the idea of.

Wide-band lambda sensor on my Honda has made a huge improvement over a set map installed.

My mate from our Norwich branch did have a heavily modified HP4....just sold that...bought a H2....and has dropped it off to track electronics. Apparently very highly rated by Guy Martin....

hi no i had to buy the power commander cost ?328 + ?150 for custom map so total cost ?478 cheers tricky,but the question was how much are people paying for a custom map wasn't it :tongue-new:

Last edited:
hi no i had to buy the power commander cost ?328 + ?150 for custom map so total cost ?478 cheers tricky,but the question was how much are people paying for a custom map wasn't it :tongue-new:
Well ofc you need to buy power cmd and this cost shouldn't be included into tunning cost

thats why i didnt inclued pcv in the price .O,Y,Es cheers tricky

So just to confirm the cost for a custom tune was ?150 . There is always going to be extra costs if you go down the pc5 route or ecu tune or remapping of ecu on dyno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told the following
"There is a problem using PCV's and such in that coolant and air temperature compensations within the ecu knock out what the piggy back modules originally were programmed to achieve at the temp they were mapped at. The only way is to map the ecu and keep the temp compensation algorithm in line with the fuel maps."

I've been told the following
"There is a problem using PCV's and such in that coolant and air temperature compensations within the ecu knock out what the piggy back modules originally were programmed to achieve at the temp they were mapped at. The only way is to map the ecu and keep the temp compensation algorithm in line with the fuel maps."

All I can say is the mapping on my bike is flawless and night and day difference between having it mapped then not having it mapped [emoji2957]
3298024c7d731acf369d2c9f6a9a158e.jpg

Euro4 (17/18) are a pain in the bum with piggybacks.

- Alex

Alex do the gen 2 12-14 have less of a problem then when it comes to fitting pc5 cheers tricky [emoji2957]

100%.

Euro 4 is a pain as you have to leave the lambda's in to fight the map

- Alex

Back