Undead

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needsmust

Reaction score
I?ve lurked here, checking the delivery thread from time to time. Got the bike yesterday and am laying in bed watching the rain outside. Cup of tea.

While still in the duvet, I?m browsing the web for a lithium-friendly trickle charger; the battery was flat when the dealer walked me to my new bike. He made me a cup of tea but wouldn?t throw in a pair of gloves. I thought I might check out the forum for battery woes and battery solutions - it seems I have to post here or be gone...

I have a new 2020 bike, Sport, forged wheels, red. Now got 40 miles on it.

Puch Maxi, AR50, AR80, RG125, 350YPVS, CBR600FM, CBR600RR, the last from new 2003.

I?ve generally ridden as fast as possible and never felt the need for a thousand. I?ve slowly watched the tech get more magical and in the last few years test-ridden a new Blade and Panigale V4. The V4 is astonishing and I nearly went for it, but then the Gen4 was announced. After the V4, the RR just felt more familiar. I wonder if I?ll regret not plumping for the madness of the Ducati, but I doubt it.

I?m a little wary about getting sucked in to a forum. My other bike?s a car, an Abarth 595, my 2nd. Before the Abarth 500 was launched over a decade ago, I spent ages on the nascent forum as the best source of info, when even the dealers couldn?t help. Learned a lot and made some digital friends.

I used to be a biker. Now I?m just a guy with a bike that I ride occasionally. I think I?m about to revert, but won?t be going out in the snow again. Maybe not the rain either.

I don?t ride well with groups. I feel guilty for wanting to go faster. I realise that there might be many on here who would think ?fool? for saying so. I?ve done few track days; it?s great fun but nerve-wracking. I feel out of place without a van and tyre-warmers.

So, hello. Don?t delete me. I?m not a robot.

Good intro mate, lot of parallels there particularly group riding which I avoid unless it's a forum meet.

Fire away with questions plenty on here will be happy to help.

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Welcome, few of us have been heavily invested in car forums before, used to mod and tech lead the Supra MKIV site.

I've been using the OptiMate Lithium 4s 5A on my Shido Lithium batteries. Lithium holds charge longer than a traditional battery but BMW fit a tracker as standard now and its this that drains the battery. Ctek also make a good charger.

We have 6 road bike track days that may interest you. No tyre warmers or track bikes. Road tyres, mot, license, lights and mirrors. They let you find out about the bike performance in relative safety.

- Alex

Hello and welcome!

Surely if battery is flat on a new bike the dealer must fix it somehow ? Last time I had a flat battery on Gen3 it cost me EWS antenna replacement.

Is renting a van an option ?

Hello and welcome....as others been there done that with cars...and bike forums. Used to be on PGAC with my peugeots and Vw Golf forums. I even started Wiltshire bikers forum back in 2005 with a mate which is still going strong today.

I got my trickle charger from main dealer - Sounds like your in for the long haul so if you want to save on dealer purchases have a look at our membership....15% off would save you a few squid in dealers....

Plenty of friendly advice here and look forward to seeing some pics of your new bike! Enjoy

Thanks all.

I?d gladly come along to a forum track day. I?m not really that miserable a group rider either. Once upon a time, in defence of a speeding conviction, I tried IAM - thinking it might give me a bit off the insurance and be viewed kindly by the magistrate. A very nice bunch, but almost painful to trundle around with from a riding perspective (no offence meant to IAM folk - diff?rent strokes).

I?ve almost settled on the Optimate 0.8 for ?50. The likelihood of me buying official kit is remote - I?m a tightwad, or ?value-seeker? as I was once described, so will hold off gold membership for now.

As for a van, I always fancied one. When kids came along it was an excuse to get a Berlingo (Multispace). I confess to buying a trailer for a camping jaunt to Austria for the MotoGP a few years ago. It was a Motolug. On the way home we stopped by the Nordschleife. I was warned that it would be slippery in the rain, and it was. I had enough dicey moments as the only bike on track to not want another lap but it turns out that they don?t mind you taking a fully laden Berlingo, complete with kids and roof-rack. 14mins.

For track days, I?ll ride there... or maybe dig out the trailer.

Oh, and I was born and bred a Norfolk biker, out of Loddon/Chedgrave. Nearer J24 M1 these days (few mins from Donington).

It?s happening already... I?ll be on here too much.

Back