Almost a newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick hello before I become a BMW owner! Currently riding a KTM 1290 GT and a CBR650F but will be swapping the Honda for the S1000RR. Took a couple out for test ride yesterday, a 2018 and 2019. Loved both but, as this is going to be a high mileage commuter, will go for the older model first and see how I get on. Will fill in the gaps when I get the bike!

Good morning Katie welcome and good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, good luck with the search, lots of folk commute on RR's so we know they make a good work horse.

What is your budget maybe we can advise the best bike to suit it?

- Alex

Welcome Katie...plenty of advice here for the Gen 3 and Gen 4! Have fun shopping for the right model and colour scheme!

100% correct.
Unfortunately mine has a shit rider.

- Alex

That's ok, mine will have a jolly sensible one who will always ride carefully and look after her bike like it's made of fine china

Ps. Promise never to share that statement with my garage, they'll think their 'repairs and service funded' pension plan is about to end!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike. Is it Oxford BMW? They usually bring some customers to the bins bmw club trackdays later in the year, great for getting used to a new bike.

Welcome to the forum Katie, you will have a pairing with the Bmw and the Fantastic KTM GT ... :excitement: I hope you enjoy the your new bike.

Welcome to the forum Katie and congratulations on your new RR!

As Phil says that?s a fantastic bike combo you?ll have.
What have been your favourite experiences onboard your SD-GT thus far?

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily, besides commuting?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

Ooh another southerner! Some of us are going to be organising a mini meet once our bikes are run in... will shout u!!

Back