Chain and Sprockets for Gen3 Sport with HP wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanR88

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Morning everyone. Apologies for starting a new thread for a common theme, however after much use of the search engine, im struggling to find the information i need.

I want to replace the chain and sprockets on my 2015 Sport with HP Wheels. Im after Gold chain (525, 120 links) and standard sprockets (i.e. 17T + 45T).

Can someone please advise the best place to purchase these, and a particular chain manufacture/model of chain (there are so many it just confuses me!) Would be great to get all from the same place as a bundle for simplicity

What do i need to look for/request due to having the HP wheels?

Thanks in advance :kiwi-fruit:

I use AR Racing, infact I just did.

DID ZVM-X 525 120Link Gold
16T Renthal front sprocket

?153 delivered.

As for how to find suitable parts, its the rear sprocket thats key. Use the HP4 model when searching. Its the same fitment.

This needs to be done for brake rotors/discs too.

- Alex

Last edited:
Gen 2 118
Gen 3 120

But I have been using 118 with 16/43
I am switching to 16/46 so I need the longer chain, because the gear is bigger the swingarm would be be silly short without 120 links.

The swingarm needs to be 604-608mm for most use cases. My 16/43 is under 600mm [emoji44]

- Alex

Thanks for the info so far guys.

Any particular reason to go for ally rear sprockets over steel? Or is it just marginal weight saving? Assume both types are compatible with all chains?

Chain and Sprockets

Aluminium sprockets are normally a little bit lighter but may not last as long. They are normally a bit more expensive as well. Providing the pitch is the same both types will work with any chain.

I find that ali are available in more sizes from more places...so its easier.

I use Talon rear sprockets for both rears I have. Gold on the HP rims and blue on the blue Titax's

- Alex

I guess the only reason to use Alu is if you care about it. If you just set and forget type of person - better to use steel ones.

Back