Spain tracks are closed due to COVID

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spain has now closed all airports and seaports for 30 days, and their land borders are closed to all but goods traffic. This means that we cannot run our April event because nobody will be able to get there (i.e. no flights), and because it will be difficult, if not impossible, for us to get the bikes there. We are sorry for the disappointment, but you will appreciate that the matter is entirely out of our hands.

Last edited:
Looks like all tracks and organisers are in the same boat. MSV and NL over here just sent out a press release stating closed until end of April. I guess if there is any silver lining. Being stuck and home and saving money can be spent on track day trips once this is all over.

Dont think itl all be over in a week lol. You've only got to look at Italy, we are a few weeks behind them regarding numbers.... I think there will be lockdown because of all the idiots not conforming.

I think you're right, will see what boris has to say at 8.30. Sorry to say I think the city's should be on lock down after seeing what went on at the weekend.
Here on the island we will probably have to follow whatever is asked even though we have only had 2 cases who were sent home a couple of weeks ago to self isolate. My daughter is a trainee nurse who's been assigned to the newly formed isolation ward, not one patient in there.

Never heard of them. Can?t be many flights from the UK available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They dont fly to Faro, but the fact that they went out with this press release is encouraging. Hopefully it's not a hoax.

FE canceled end of May Jerez.

But there is a hope

Having been in contact with our hotel connections in Spain, we know that plans are in place to open in late May, end of June. Circuito de Jerez has confirmed it is planning on opening mid-June and this morning Ryanair confirmed it is planning on recommencing flights in July based upon information from the EU.

tbh makes no difference whats going on over there if travel restrictions are still in place here.circuits may open,but hotels etc. will be some of the last places to open back up i suspect(same as this country).

tbh makes no difference whats going on over there if travel restrictions are still in place here.circuits may open,but hotels etc. will be some of the last places to open back up i suspect(same as this country).

yeah, NL just sent this

On the European front, we have today had to take the decision to postpone our end of May Estoril and Portimao trips, even though the venues are opening on Monday, with the lack of flights and the hotels not being open until June we are left with no alternative.

yea,it's sad but not a lot we can do about it,just think of the money saved on tyres ;)

Overseas Travel

For country specific travel advice please check the FCO link below. It?s not so much if the circuits and hotels open, and flight availability increases, but rather when national governments choose to ease current entry and travel restrictions.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

Back