Spain tracks are closed due to COVID

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it depends on how long it?s going to last. Can?t see it be over quickly though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jet2 have cancelled all flights in and out of spain this morning and have turned planes around mid flight. Hopefully you are already on your way!

Thanks, yes I am currently on train from Gatwick. Managed to get standby seat on EasyJet from Almeria this morning.

Spanish Govt enforcing travel restrictions throughout the country in next few days- no travel except for work, health reasons or food shopping. Non essential shops & services to close.

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I am currently on train from Gatwick. Managed to get standby seat on EasyJet from Almeria this morning.

Spanish Govt enforcing travel restrictions throughout the country in next few days- no travel except for work, health reasons or food shopping. Non essential shops & services to close.

Glad to read you got back to the uk

I'm supposed to be in Almeria Easter week, don't think I'd go even if I could with the situation now so hoping it does get cancelled so a refund is likely / easier to claim from insurance or credit card.
I keep hoping all of this is an over reaction but going to have a big effect on the world for the forseeable.

I'm supposed to be in Almeria Easter week, don't think I'd go even if I could with the situation now so hoping it does get cancelled so a refund is likely / easier to claim from insurance or credit card.
I keep hoping all of this is an over reaction but going to have a big effect on the world for the forseeable.

I?m also booked on that one. I don?t think it will be happening. I can understand FE?s commercial reasons for not cancelling the one I came back from, but I don?t see how it can be going ahead today & tomorrow.

There is a Spanish ban in non-essential road travel from today. In addition the UK foreign office from today advises against non-essential travel to Spain (this invalidates travel insurance if you choose to ignore the advice).

All this is (at the very least) is going to have a devastating effect on whole UK & European travel industry, including trackday companies.

Last edited:
All this is (at the very least) is going to have a devastating effect on whole UK & European travel industry, including trackday companies.

Insurance should cover immediate loses of trackday companies due to canceled events, right ?

I guess it will be survival of fittest. NL will be fine as they have big UK presence. Niche companies like Tracksense that partner with EU guys should be fine too.

FE is the most affected as they are predominantly Spain focused.

Insurance should cover immediate loses of trackday companies due to canceled events, right ?

I think that would depend on the specific wording of insurance policies. Most policies have exclusions for ?war, terrorism, civil disorder etc? in the past it was common to exclude ?acts of god? as a catch all for unforeseen events. It would depend if current circumstances were excluded.
It is possible that events arising from civil ?states of emergency? might be excluded.

Last edited:
I?ve just seen that EasyJet are cancelling all Spain flights from Monday.

I hope everybody out there at the moment gets back OK.

Last edited:
I know this post relates to Euro track days. But I was chatting to the MSV guys this Saturday about their plans, they said to me all race events would most likely be stopped but track days would continue. However who knows if that will change or not.

Portimao got canceled today due

PORTIMAO UPDATE 16/3 - 18.00hrs
Portimao 20/22 March
The circuit have this afternoon informed us that the Portuguese government have now imposed a "mass gathering" restriction meaning that only 100 people can be together at a venue/event at one time. This effectively calls a halt to our event in March. Please rest assured that a full credit will be raised on our system from tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I know this post relates to Euro track days. But I was chatting to the MSV guys this Saturday about their plans, they said to me all race events would most likely be stopped but track days would continue. However who knows if that will change or not.

Once UK enacts no more 100 people rule, everything will be canceled.

Pretty much every EU country has already done it, so I guess UK is to follow.

I dont know why UK havent done it already tbh....why wait. Just get on with it

I was chatting to someone else and they pretty much said the same thing Alex. Msv needs to keep the TDs going to allow them to tick over.

Huge shame and I hope the companies do manage to survive.
I've just booked at Donny on Monday with the fear they might cancel UK days soon so might be the last chance for a while, here's hoping that's an over reaction though.

It's a scary prospect as to what is going to happen to the world economy. But first and foremost UK goverment has to follow what everybody else has already implemented and take drastic action to stop the spread. They can worry about fixing the economy once they start getting it under some sort of control.

I'm looking forward to getting home from work in a couple of weeks. By then the salt should be gone from the roads, and the roads should be nice and quiet to get the bikes out for a good thrashing. I can't think of a better way to isolate myself than inside my helmet and getting fresh air on the bike.

Well Calafat is still a go atm. But bike and I cant get there due to borders being closed. Easy jet had cancelled my return flight and offered full refund so that's it, I ain't going.
Plus I'm self employed but a mate that was on it was told by his employer he'd have to take 2 weeks unpaid leave when he returned.

Back