Spain tracks are closed due to COVID

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
As of today. Reports from people being turned away at Jerez and Cartagena.

Last edited:
jerez is closed,the decsion lies with each individual government,but can see the whole of spain going similar to italy,just glad we dont fly till tomorrow,but aragon looks dodgey at the end of april also :(

Booked on at Almeria at the start of April. Not only that but I?ve a house in Spain and spend most of my time there. Might have to spend my time off in the pissing rain of Scotland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well theres a vid up of bikes on circuit at carta today

although just read cartagena is on lockdown now so who **** knows whats going on,can only go out if your working,shopping for food or pharmacy!!

Valencia just shut down. The region...
Yeah, Bike Promotions canceled Mon 16 event. They basically say hospitals are at max capacity and won't be able to accommodate injured riders

Last edited:
I am in Mojacar with FE for an Almeria event starting tomorrow (Sat 14) according to FE they are still going ahead tomorrow....However I have decided to come back tomorrow (provided flights don?t get cancelled).

Spanish Govt have declared state of emergency from tomorrow with power to limit movement throughout the country. Murcia (just up the coast) is already on lockdown with entry & exit limited by police to work or health reasons. Part of reason Murcia on lockdown is because Madrid residents ignored requests not to travel & came to coast. From tomorrow likely that movement restrictions will be enforced by police & perhaps military. All schools and universities closed throughout Spain from next week.

I would be surprised if my event goes ahead tomorrow but it might. My main reason for coming back early is risk of being stuck out here. (In normal circumstances might be fun but not now) Secondary reason is that If you can avoid it the last place you want to be at the moment, unless you are a COVID-19 patient needing treatment, is in a hospital (not that I was/am planning to have an accident).

If you are looking at the news about COVID-19 cases in Italy and Spain....this will be the UK in 2 to 3 weeks time (no kidding). If you are in the higher risk over 70 group- start to socially isolate NOW. If you have elderly relatives advise them to do the same now. This is likely to be UK Govt advice in a matter of weeks.

Last edited:
Hi FS, I hope you get back ok. I expect FE will only cancel when the authorities tell them to, so they are hopefully covered by insurance.

Thanks Soof, hope I get back too. Wish me luck that flight happens. From local news I can?t see the event happening. They are shutting down tourism & leisure activities along the coast. As you say they will be thinking of their insurance.

Jet2 have cancelled all flights in and out of spain this morning and have turned planes around mid flight. Hopefully you are already on your way!

Glad I got out on Thursday,unfortunately with a cold!-hopefully,the waterfall coming out of my nose will wash away any thoughts of covid!

Just looked at flights out of Spain,I feel sorry for anyone trying to get home.Very few direct and the rest changing at Madrid(worst affected area in Spain!).

Back