Air filter removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUZZ

Im welsh get over it.!!!!
Reaction score
I fitted a racing k&n filter earlier as i had 10 mins in the garage spare,very easy to do ,i cant remember what sized torqx peices i used but im sure some one will know as im back in the house now stuffing some jaffa cakes lol

Take seat off ,there two torqx screws that secure it,once undone lift up and off keeping sure screws wont touch paint work...

Remove side petrol tank trims these are held on with same sized screws ,theres 3 per side,once screws removed slide panel forward off the clip on petrol tank....

Remove top petrol tank cover again there 5 torqx holding this on and remember one at the steering tube as this is a lot longer than the other ones

Once removed you will see the ecu under neath,undo the screw that secures this from frame,on the right side front of the ecu is a T shape pull out that holds the harness to ecu,pull this toward front of bike and harness will unplug from ecu,once harness removed pull off left side tank breather and unplug airflow meter connector on right side(right side breath runs under it so this will also need to be removed aswell,once all removed theres a black plastic screw holdong down the plastic intake at front of air box..

Remove the two long torqx bolts that hold tank to frame as you need the tank to lift up about a inch to help slide out the ecu....

Once screw is removed with the part it screws in to slide it up, the front intake it was holding down...

Now front part is removed lift the filter and part of the housing the filter is sat in upwards and remove filter.....

Now do every thing in reverse and remeber that the screws with the plastic washers go to the painted panels and the screws/bolts that have no washer go to the bare plastic panels.....;)

Job done.....takes about 5 -8 mins to do it..

I'll update with pic's or might even make a video as its that simple to do if anyone is not sure about doing it....

Back