E10 Fuel - Is my vehicle compatible?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Have a read of this Bennetts piece on E10, it's coming to a pump near you; https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/march/what-is-e10-fuel-and-is-it-safe

How do I know if my bike can used E10?
For newer bikes, E10 shouldn?t be a problem. It?s been used as a standard fuel during EU test procedures since 2016, so anything made more recently than that is likely to be fine.

The European Motorcycle Industry Association, ACEM, some years ago asked its members which models are compatible, and we?ve included that at the bottom of this page.

For a more comprehensive service, the Dutch website e10check.nl provides a search function to check what models can or can?t use E10. Unless you?re fluent in Dutch you?ll probably need to run it through Google Translate, but it?s a valuable resource, nonetheless.

Reading on mcn website bmw confirmed that all models can run on e10

older Japanese bikes however won?t be able to

Indeed I don't think any RR is going to be affected, but at least one of us just bought some old Japanese bike ;)

Who did ? Budgie better get them panels back rapid... I'll get it listed up and punt it quick style [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back