Child pillion passenger advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My 8 year old daughter will be having the occasional pillion ride on my inbound Triumph and I will be buying her some protective gear soon in terms of leathers, gloves helmet etc..

However, I'm looking for advice on anything I should be looking to buy so she can safely be a pillion, in terms of holding onto me. Are there any braces or anything available to ensure she stays stuck to me or is it simply a case of she needs to hold onto me and I need to be extra cautious as the rider?

My wife used to ride pillion with me on my earlier bikes, CBR600F and Fireblade, and I never really worried about her in the sense she was an adult and knew what she was doing. But I'm extra concerned about my child to ensure she holds on and doesn't fall off through clumsiness. Obviously I'll be taking it easy with her, but just wondering if there's anything worth investing in for extra safety.

Any advice/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

you need love handles., its a belt that goes around your waist with easy grip handles on it. saves her stretching he arms around your waist. i may have some spares somewhere. i will look later and take a pic if you like. :)

U got intercoms schuey? If not devise a little system ur daughter can follow..

ie two pats for faster daddy
sudden bear hug please slow down... if u get me lol

but yeah love handles for def and make sure she doesn?t head butt u lol

most of all enjoy and have fun!

you need love handles., its a belt that goes around your waist with easy grip handles on it. saves her stretching he arms around your waist. i may have some spares somewhere. i will look later and take a pic if you like. :)

That'll be appreciated mate, thank you! :)

Latest posts

Back