Spider Stand Motorcycle Lift #2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducky

Reaction score
Ok so I decided to get one of these stands, cos for the price I figured it would be worth checking out! :)

I noticed on receiving the (bashed up - thx courier) box that as we all might have guessed it's made in 'China' and actually re-badged 'Tech7' on the unit and box. No instructions were inside the box so I've pretty much put it together from looking at the picture on Ebay, and there are a few bolts (plastic handles on them) left over (no idea where they go...?) so perhaps those who have the expensive German model can enlighten me on some items please. ;D

One interesting thing is the price, on Busters Ebay they list it for £129.99 delivered (what I paid inc BMW fitting kit), however the invoice lists it as £179.99 + £20 for the fitting kit and then they put a discount on it to reach the Ebay price - sweet!

So unpacking the box revels the below:
spider1_1296x1728.jpg

Some close ups of the unit, the welding looks to be up to the job and the powercoat finish seems ok too.
spider4_1728x1296.jpg

spider5_1728x1296.jpg

The castors were better then I expected, as I'd assumed they would just be plastic, but they actually have rubber tyres and two of them have brakes fitted.
spider6_1728x1296.jpg

Some pictures of the actual mechanism, everything is loosely fitted and you need to adjust it up to the relevant bike setup when you first use it. The mechanism has a safety pin on a spring, which clicks into place in the raised position, and it's all greased up and works as smoothly as you'd expect.
spider3_1728x1296.jpg

spider2_1728x1296.jpg

Next up you have the fitting kit for the BMW, nothing special, just a plate and a cup that fits into the frame on an engine mount as seen further down.
spider7_1728x1296.jpg

So one the kit it fitted (how it seems to go anyway) it looks like the below picture.
spider12_1728x1296.jpg

This cup is then screwed into the frame on the excess engine bolt thread. There is a cut out in the cup which lines up with the pin on the lift, almost like you would use a large bodyclip for extra safety, however I had nothing in the packets to back this up so not sure why else the cut out maybe there.
spider11_1728x1296.jpg

However, I'm not so sure how strong this will be, as mine only had a few threads sticking out with which to screw onto as seen below, perhaps someone with the german model can advise how far theirs screws on?
spider10_1728x1296.jpg

Now unfortunately as much as I'd like to show you it in action.....I can't :( currently my bike is supported by a car jack and has no forks in it, this stops me getting the Spider stand in place to use it *doh*! Once I can get the bike on it, I'll update this thread with how I get on!

cheers
:)

Don't like that the cup is using the thread from the frame bolt,like you say there s hardly any thread on it! And you would lift bike just on that? Not a chance would I risk that! But I may be wrong and its perfectly safe?

Ok I've found some german instructions and it seems like you replace the engine nut with the cup in the kit, which would mean it screws on further...will have to have a look see. :)

Engine bolt would be strong enough (just like an engine stand) long as there's no slop in the bolt and it has enough threads it will be fine. The second pin locates further down for more support.

Ducky link=topic=1575.msg14984#msg14984 date=1350666126 said:
Ok I've found some german instructions and it seems like you replace the engine nut with the cup in the kit, which would mean it screws on further...will have to have a look see. :)

Engine bolt would be strong enough (just like an engine stand) long as there's no slop in the bolt and it has enough threads it will be fine. The second pin locates further down for more support.
that sounds better! Glad you didn't try like you had it! I'm sure it would of snapped!

Yeah, would most likely have pulled the threads out after a short while! Technical hitch is I can't see anyway to tighten the cup, as there's nothing to hold onto.....hopefully someone with the German one can shed some light on their setup. :)

I've got the Bursig (German) stand and it looks like yours is a copy apart from base legs and column on mine are in one piece , don't know what build quality of yours is like but the Bursig is top notch (so it should be at price) Got some instuctions and had to take top bolt from the engine fixing point out and put the SPACER PROVIDED on bolt re insert and fix supplied nut , then tighten to recommended torque. Hope this helps, can scan intructions an e mail if you want. :)

Ah if you could scan the instructions and mail them to '[email protected]' that would be awesome dude! :)

There's no spacer in my kit, not sure if that's something that may have dropped out of the box as it was ripped....So on yours did you use a different nut inside the cup, otherwise I can't see how you could tighten it up?

Build quality seems pretty good considering the price, something I'd be more than happy with.

cheers

The spacer is required so the bolt can spin and you can tighten up (only required on BM ) Should be clear when you get instructions ;)

I bought another German copy ( from constands), and it shipped without the spacer referred to above (error was speedily corrected)

As stated this spacer is essential.
I have German/English instructions if you need them?
Mine looks similar, except black sections are one piece/welded, with identical looking wheels.
Also the mounting plate on the stand itself has more hole options, otherwise very similar.

lllN30lll link=topic=1575.msg15003#msg15003 date=1350686300 said:
Should I order one then, or will I be missing a spacer too lol

If you order the 'Busters' on it will be! lol Appears all their stands were shipped without spacers and they are at a loss how to resolve it (as in they're unable to obtain the spacer). I can probably make my own spacer, so just seeing if I can score a discount on the stand instead of sending it back. lol :)

Ducky link=topic=1575.msg15178#msg15178 date=1351098171 said:
lllN30lll link=topic=1575.msg15003#msg15003 date=1350686300 said:
Should I order one then, or will I be missing a spacer too lol

If you order the 'Busters' on it will be! lol Appears all their stands were shipped without spacers and they are at a loss how to resolve it (as in they're unable to obtain the spacer). I can probably make my own spacer, so just seeing if I can score a discount on the stand instead of sending it back. lol :)
How /why would they send it out without spacer? As to resolving its easy to make up a spacer , if you want I can copy mine of the Bursig and I'll only charge you the cost of postage!

Parley Waller link=topic=1575.msg15182#msg15182 date=1351100723 said:
How /why would they send it out without spacer? As to resolving its easy to make up a spacer , if you want I can copy mine of the Bursig and I'll only charge you the cost of postage!

They were unaware that there was a spacer missing, until some customers (myself included) called up to ask about it, the supplier for the stands didn't supply any spacers to them either.

Hey that would be great dude if you could copy your spacer, same me running around! :D

Let me know what the postage and paypal is and I'll send it over with my address.

cheers bud

Ducky
I've made you a spacer and checked it fits! Forget about postage ,its not worth the bother. Let me know your address and I'll post it straight away.

Cheers mate :D

Ducky link=topic=1575.msg15203#msg15203 date=1351172386 said:
You da man :D have PM'ed you my address dude.

Many thanks again!
No problem , have posted today so you should receive early next week. Glad to be of help. :)

Hello, this is a bit random given the age of this thread, but would you still have a copy of your scanned bursig stand documents? I’m also stuck with my warrior stand. My email is hatfulofhollow @hotmail.com if you’re able to help me. Thanks in advance.

Back