Request: Jerez onboard Yoke Mounted footage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
I've an idea to use my 2:01 Jerez onboard to do a side by side comparison with someone doing a 1:50-1:52 i.e. going 10 seconds a lap faster. To demonstrate the differences that go into making a 9% faster lap.

i.e. how to lose ~.8 of a second per corner (13 corners / 10 seconds)

Because when you break it down like that it sounds like its not a lot.

Anyway - I'd need yoke footage to match mine (clocks in shot) that I can edit up in Adobe Prem. So if anyone has some I'd like to have a go.

Alex, easier to look at telemetry. We did this with Monners, it was dead obvious where I'm loosing time.

My fastest laps are with helmet cam but I may have some on a yoke cam. I'll take a look later tonight or tomorrow.

I can make an educated guess on where you are loosing time as its the places I gained five seconds last week:

1 - Corners 3/4 onto the short straight. You can run mega speeds through here on the power but if your bike is over sprung or you are not going hard enough it doesn't turn so you waste a bunch of time waiting for it to line up the exit.
2 - Turn 5 onto the back straight and the last corner onto the start finish straight - exits onto main straights are always a big place to make up time.
3 - The double apex onto ******* Fast 1 - I stuggle here and have time to make up. Its the same sketch as onto the straights since its leads to a long fast section.
4 - Turn 8 onto the little straight before the double apex is also a hot spot since its bumpy and the suspension dampening is different there.

Last edited:
Whilst I'll learn from it for sure the idea was to demonstrate to all that are interested how easy it is to lose time. Show how a few mph on entry speed = losses around and out etc.

Help others visually see what 10% faster really means.

- Alex

That wasn't to say your tips are not welcome. Sorry if it seemed dismissive.

I was definitely overly stiff for the nature of the track last time there. Too much preload and comp. 4 was always a struggle as you note.

Turn 2 it seems no one agrees on. Some are tight on the exit to open 3, others sacrifice the entry of 3 to make 2 faster and wider. Crafar does the former so thats my method too.

Been watching how the fast boys, Canepa etc, do T5, and its more double apex than I had thought, which massively changes entry speed and line.

- Alex

I can make an educated guess on where you are loosing time as its the places I gained five seconds last week:

1 - Corners 3/4 onto the short straight. You can run mega speeds through here on the power but if your bike is over sprung or you are not going hard enough it doesn't turn so you waste a bunch of time waiting for it to line up the exit.
2 - Turn 5 onto the back straight and the last corner onto the start finish straight - exits onto main straights are always a big place to make up time.
3 - The double apex onto ******* Fast 1 - I stuggle here and have time to make up. Its the same sketch as onto the straights since its leads to a long fast section.
4 - Turn 8 onto the little straight before the double apex is also a hot spot since its bumpy and the suspension dampening is different there.

I second all that.

My biggest problem was T4 - just afraid to be mega speed there still.

Looking at GPS speed graph can easily confirm all these 4 points.

It would be interesting to stick up the corner and straight speed track overviews we were looking at. I think I still have my one from last year as well. I often want to put this stuff up for the forum interest but struggle to find time to present it.

Without being a track guru...and find all this as a new topic which is fascinating...and actually learning that there is more to it than just trying to ride fast round a track...

But I'm guessing Alex you also would want footage from someone on a similar bike? ie not a 600v1000 etc.

It would be interesting to stick up the corner and straight speed track overviews we were looking at. I think I still have my one from last year as well. I often want to put this stuff up for the forum interest but struggle to find time to present it.

Whenever u have time Monners....bit like ur epic trip abroad post which I thoroughly enjoyed reading/following

Well yeah another S1000 ideally. It was just an idea to make a community video to visualise the small adjustments needed to cut time.

Also to see if I could make it.

I can test the theory with a slower lap from my own collection but its comparing avg with bad [emoji1787]

- Alex

Well yeah another S1000 ideally. It was just an idea to make a community video to visualise the small adjustments needed to cut time.

Also to see if I could make it.

I can test the theory with a slower lap from my own collection but its comparing avg with bad [emoji1787]

- Alex

Hi Alex

3 laps 1:57,56 & 55, my lines not good. Don't know if it will be help. Track was very hot, air temperature 35, track over 50. 1;54 was my best but cant find video.

Hi Alex

3 laps 1:57,56 & 55, my lines not good. Don't know if it will be help. Track was very hot, air temperature 35, track over 50. 1;54 was my best but cant find video.

Thanks Karl,

Can I get the original off of you to put in an editor?

I can send you a share on Dropbox or GDrive

- Alex

The data too if you have it?
I see you've got the auto laptimer so wondering if you have the HP logger to go with it, as I do.

- Alex

The data too if you have it?
I see you've got the auto laptimer so wondering if you have the HP logger to go with it, as I do.

- Alex

No HP Logger, I use aim solo. I?ll send you the original video on drop box

Back