New Bike - Triumph Bonneville

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah maybe a little one for your daughter to ride! lol Have your boots arrived yet?

Yeah maybe a little one for your daughter to ride! lol Have your boots arrived yet?

Yeah, one for daughter will be good :)

Boots arrived mate a few days ago, very happy with them and thanks for all your help in the background, top man!:D

Looks great, nice extra kit too, lovely to have 2 very different bikes.
Can imagine the bonnie is going to be great fun.

- Alex

Last edited:
Looks great, nice extra kit too, lovely to have 2 very different bikes.
Can imagine the bonnie is going to be great fun.

- Alex

Thanks Alex! Yes, I agree, different rides for different moods. When I grab the helmet for the Bonnie, I'll flick a switch and be in a nice chilled out cruising mode, when I do the same for the S1000RR I'll be (well in my mind at least) Mr Rossi riding mode! (All safely and responsibly of course). One doesn't replace the other but as you rightly say, get to appreciate each for what they are and this is why I enjoyed my ride so much on it yesterday. I was noticing things I don't normally on the RR's, more upright riding position on the Bonnie and obviously not a speed machine like the RR. It was fun and once the weather warms up a little, will take my daughter who's very excited about it all :)

With little wind resistance we shall think your dancing on the bike... enjoy it buddy well deserved

A really good addition to the garage, I really like the colour scheme. Brought a little moisture to me eyes too, my very first bike at 16 was a Triumph Terrier and my second at 17 was a Tiger 110. Had many a run to the Saltbox Motorcycle Club, opposite Biggin Hill and of course the Ace in the ton up days of runs up and back round the roundabout on the North Circular before the record stopped! Great unrepeatable days, probably just as well. Reminds me also though of a one legged guy we called John the Baptist who was very quick riding a red and white Triumph TR6 Trophy attached to which was a streamlined Steib chair. Hey ho, I must move on!! :love-struck:

A really good addition to the garage, I really like the colour scheme. Brought a little moisture to me eyes too, my very first bike at 16 was a Triumph Terrier and my second at 17 was a Tiger 110. Had many a run to the Saltbox Motorcycle Club, opposite Biggin Hill and of course the Ace in the ton up days of runs up and back round the roundabout on the North Circular before the record stopped! Great unrepeatable days, probably just as well. Reminds me also though of a one legged guy we called John the Baptist who was very quick riding a red and white Triumph TR6 Trophy attached to which was a streamlined Steib chair. Hey ho, I must move on!! :love-struck:

Thanks very much, appreciate your comments and yes, loving the colour scheme too, was a ?300 extra option to go with that colour and it has hand painted coach lines. A nice little touch, if you remove the seat, underneath the seat and at the base of the tank are the initials of the person who painted the lines! A great touch, a bit Rolls Royce esque I would say :)

Aw bless, reminiscing about the old days hey and brought back some nice memories for you, that's made me smile :) I was watching a documentary the other day about Triumph and then this popped up in my YouTube feed, about the Ton-Up Boys and Cafe Racers! Looks like you were one of them boys back in the day, pleasure to meet you Sir, even if just online!!

Here's the link, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNNUYHhoDiU

I enjoyed watching that, thank you Schuey. Touch of the memory lanes although I never went in for badges sown on my leathers or the Marlon Brando style leather cap!!! :apathy:. Good to see Dave Crashford sorry Croxford from my neck of the woods. :smile-new: I'm sure I saw him race in the Thruxton 500 more than once. Nowadays though it's safer and faster at the same time.

Glad you enjoyed it, I found it very interesting and made me laugh too on what these guys were up to! Proper fun but risky... Bikes, speed and birds, a win win! :D

Yes guys.
Paying the price now though, sitting in Spire waiting room to see my knee surgeon to see if he can get my right knee to bend a little more, to enable me to ride the S 1000.
When a Gold Star kicked back, you certainly knew about it. Hence the need for the ignition advance and retard control!

My sympathies Roadrunner, I managed to avoid that potential pain having owned twins. I hope by now you may have been seen. :untroubled:

Well done Jas!

Always nice to get a second bike, I hope the Jacket kindly offered fits Jasmin! You need to take her to Lewis Leathers in London sometime. It will blow her mind!

My son and I bought a matching pair of bikes in Jan 19 to ride on the roads where you can?t take the S1KRR

801cc05aac82105d5131538a35258667.jpg

Always thinking about a third bike now too!

Back