New Bike - Triumph Bonneville

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As per my other thread and as some of you know, I've been thinking about adding a second bike to the garage and I've always fancied the muscular retro classic looking machines. My 8 year old daughter has started showing an interest in bikes and therefore I wanted something that would be comfortable for her as a pillion. Since visiting the MCN London Motorcycle Show last month and seeing the Triumph Bonneville in the flesh, I absolutely fell in love. They look so gorgeous!

After watching numerous reviews online and reading up about them, I decided a Triumph Bonneville T100 was perfect for my needs. So off I went in search for a 2017 onwards used model on Autotrader. Just out of interest, I popped into my local dealer on Friday and saw a brand new 2020 Fusion White and Aegean Blue T100 there, unregistered and available for sale. Well, the dealer gave me a deal that I just couldn't refuse and I'm pleased to say I will be picking up my new bike weekend after next! :cool:

I'm really happy and can't wait to collect it. I was also considering the Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor, now although they look nice and are great value for money, they didn't quite have the size, presence or finish of the Triumph, so I'm very happy with my choice in going for the premier and iconic British brand in this class of bike. :)

Time to do some shopping now, I need to get some retro looking gear, jacket, gloves and helmet. All my current gear is Alpinestars sports bike equipment for the S1000RR, so will not go with the new Bonneville! Any recommendations on retro gear and shops to look at will be much appreciated. My daughter is excited and already telling her Mummy she wants a matching helmet and jacket as Daddy! haha

Here are some pics of the bike itself:

5-AB1-DB1-E-5049-4-BCA-ACD4-86-A4773-E41-D8.jpg

CB62-D303-AA20-4923-85-F6-537-AF7307-A89.jpg

C7-EFA723-EE40-4-E51-92-AA-B381726-C4568.jpg

Looking forward to bringing it home and parking it next to the S1000RR in the garage. Dealer is sending over some 20 plate registration choices across later. Hope you like it!

Very nice.

Regarding retro stuff I did this a couple of years ago. On helmets I would recommend not getting an open face one. I bought the Shoei. They look cool but there is a special place in hell you visit when a significantly sized insect hits you in the face at 50+ mph. Not only does it really hurt, it is a huge distraction from the road!

Belstaff do some nice gear but its pricey. I went with some decent kevlar jeans and a Held leather jacket.

Very nice.

Regarding retro stuff I did this a couple of years ago. On helmets I would recommend not getting an open face one. I bought the Shoei. They look cool but there is a special place in hell you visit when a significantly sized insect hits you in the face at 50+ mph. Not only does it really hurt, it is a huge distraction from the road!

Belstaff do some nice gear but its pricey. I went with some decent kevlar jeans and a Held leather jacket.

Thanks soofsayer, appreciate your advice and feedback. I'm glad you said that about the open face helmet, as I was considering them. I'll just go with a cool retro looking full face then. I'll take a look at Belstaff and Held too, recognise the brand for sure but never took notice at the bike shops before as always been in the Sportbike sections of the shops lol

Last edited:
Wanted a "muscular retro classic" but got a Bonni... :p Congrats!

HELD gear is proper. Does what it says on the tin. I do love the retro Dainese jackets though.

Last edited:
Nice one schuey....choices choices choices....which one do you take when u open that door....lol

Wanted a "muscular retro classic" but got a Bonni... :p Congrats!

HELD gear is proper. Does what it says on the tin. I do love the retro Dainese jackets though.

Thanks :D. Yes, it's classed as a modern classic, retro 60's looks and looks muscular to me in the flesh, it's quite a big bike, 214kg dry.

Been looking at Dainese and Alpinestars retro range online, look good too. Plenty of options and prices seem cheaper than sports bike gear.

Nice one schuey....choices choices choices....which one do you take when u open that door....lol

Thanks mate! haha, will depend on what mood I'm in, racey mood then S1000RR, chill out mood then the Bonneville. :)

LOL....i can see the double effort of cleaning two bikes as well.....'rolls eyes'.... Maybe get ur daugther to do the bonne haha

LOL....i can see the double effort of cleaning two bikes as well.....'rolls eyes'.... Maybe get ur daugther to do the bonne haha

Honestly, I think it may be triple the effort with all that chrome and spokes haha. Don't think daughter would mind helping, I'd be more worried she drops the mitt/cloth and then picks it up and starts cleaning the bike again... :0

Last edited:
why not Ducati or MV Agusta ?

To be honest, I fancied something with old school looks and British heritage. My Grandfather used to have a Royal Enfield Bullet, and in some ways this reminds me of that in the looks dept.

I've a nice wee leather jacket your daughter is welcome too mate... my youngest was 8 when she started out with me and this fitted her fine... let me know I'll take some snaps for you if you like....might do her for a season..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wow, what a generous offer Stuart, that?s really kind of you. I?ll PM you mate with my contact details for the pics. Thanks very much :)

Omg I forgot how slim she was., the jacket is so petite... and a Lewis Leathers at that, some of us on here are old enough to remember them...
fbab0bf7bfa9eea3fba011028ce74b0a.jpg
6c757838099ce67cd470bb4285b6bb05.jpg

Whatsapped you..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That looks very nice Stuart, thanks for posting those pics up. I?ll reply on WhatsApp :)

Hopefully have ur new boots by then mate. Look forward to seeing the pics

Hello People,

Today was collection day and so I was at my local Triumph dealership for 9am prompt this morning. Handover experience was brilliant and it was like a family atmosphere at the dealership, everyone is so friendly and polite over there! Well, I'm pleased to say I'm chuffed with it, it's so different to what I'm used to yet so nice in its own way. Sounds pretty fruity even with the standard cans, very throaty with a deep base sound if that makes sense, I like it! Lots of mid range torque available in any gear which makes it very easy to ride. For a heavy bike at 213kg dry it feels quite nimble, pretty light steering and easy to manoeuvre. I've had an enjoyable day and what started off with 1 mile on the odometer at handover, it's now showing 75! :D. As I said, it's different but I like it, different ride for different mood, it's now parked up next to its German brother in the garage. It's in the running in phase so I have to keep revs under 4k for the first 300 miles and then under 6K from 300-600 miles till RIS.

As promised chaps, here are some pics:

97-BFA1-C6-7-C69-445-F-B2-E9-00738-CF7764-A.jpg

B6342-F5-E-1-D9-C-4-F61-BDE8-F1-EE71-C75-F28.jpg

C3-BC5777-7-AAD-49-A7-855-B-79-C958-C824-F3.jpg

EFAE1839-1995-44-BA-8134-907-D38-C4-E781.jpg

229-EBEE6-5-DB5-4-EBE-B48-C-81-AEE7793-A39.jpg

A760-D86-E-7-BAA-4-B63-9-E13-470-A5-F28224-D.jpg

3-B5-D7-E14-E9-FB-4-F38-BEBA-85-D52-F4-B9-B3-A.png

Hope you like it, not to everyones taste I suppose but something I wanted as a second bike. Went to show my Dad, he had no idea I was getting it and he got a bit emotional as it reminded him of my Grandfather's bike :)

Oh, and check this out from Triumph in making you feel a bit special. As part of purchasing a brand new bike, they provide you a Triumph branded backpack, folder and leather keyring, this was a nice little surprise. (Take note BMW!!!)

69-A292-B8-AA07-4391-A98-E-D085496-BA178.jpg

F0-F87-EA2-5-B87-4266-A6-E7-B66-A19-D8-EC9-C.jpg

7-B15-D3-DF-D244-4-CBE-A9-AE-5-C1-B260-CD982.jpg

Great pics mate....whens the third bike arriving??

Last edited:
Back