New Bike - Triumph Bonneville

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A really good addition to the garage, I really like the colour scheme. Brought a little moisture to me eyes too, my very first bike at 16 was a Triumph Terrier and my second at 17 was a Tiger 110. Had many a run to the Saltbox Motorcycle Club, opposite Biggin Hill and of course the Ace in the ton up days of runs up and back round the roundabout on the North Circular before the record stopped! Great unrepeatable days, probably just as well. Reminds me also though of a one legged guy we called John the Baptist who was very quick riding a red and white Triumph TR6 Trophy attached to which was a streamlined Steib chair. Hey ho, I must move on!! :love-struck:
Jeez Rednine, when was this?? I grew up as a Biggin Hillbilly in the ?60?s but the salt box club passed me by, but I didn?t start riding until er....1979? Good times though!

Hi there ZX, this was originally the Saltbox Cafe and became the Saltbox Motorcycle Cafe shortly after in the early fifties. If I remember correctly there was a fairly steep hill either called Corkscrew Hill or Saltbox Hill. The cafe was to the right at the top of the hill, to the left of the hill at the top was another motorcycle cafe known as The Squadron. :pirate: Probably neither are there now!! :upset:

Hi there ZX, this was originally the Saltbox Cafe and became the Saltbox Motorcycle Cafe shortly after in the early fifties. If I remember correctly there was a fairly steep hill either called Corkscrew Hill or Saltbox Hill. The cafe was to the right at the top of the hill, to the left of the hill at the top was another motorcycle cafe known as The Squadron. :pirate: Probably neither are there now!! :upset:
Yes the salt box cafe and pool with the most stunning views. Salt box hill alongside down to the valley and beyond. Fantastic riding roads there and all around. Alas all gone now, houses etc. It was opposite the airfield and all the fun to be had there too. Corkscrew hill is nearby, west wickham way, that?s about the most fun you can have in a 30mph zone!

To be honest, I fancied something with old school looks and British heritage. My Grandfather used to have a Royal Enfield Bullet, and in some ways this reminds me of that in the looks dept.

Buy old school Ducati or MV Agusta ?

Every time I look at Triumph I want to cry

Well done Jas!

Always nice to get a second bike, I hope the Jacket kindly offered fits Jasmin! You need to take her to Lewis Leathers in London sometime. It will blow her mind!

My son and I bought a matching pair of bikes in Jan 19 to ride on the roads where you can?t take the S1KRR

Always thinking about a third bike now too!

Hi Steve,

Wow, they look awesome, some good off roading with those for sure! :D

The jacket kindly offered seemed too small in the pics, so I didn't end up having it off the gentleman. I did however pop to my local J&S Accessories and managed to get a nice retro looking kids Frank Thomas leather jacket and gloves. Jasmine had her first ride yesterday on the bike and she absolutely loved it and was beaming from ear to ear :). Wasn't a very long ride, just around 3 miles to get her used to it. Hopefully as weather improves then we'll go out for longer runs.

I was watching the 'Bike Show' the other day on ITV4, and I think they were in Lewis Leathers looking at all the old school leathers talking to the owner, looked amazing!

Buy old school Ducati or MV Agusta ?

Every time I look at Triumph I want to cry

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, every time I look at it, it makes me smile :) :D. (Same goes for the S1000RR, both gorgeous in their own different ways!)

Yes guys.
Paying the price now though, sitting in Spire waiting room to see my knee surgeon to see if he can get my right knee to bend a little more, to enable me to ride the S 1000.
When a Gold Star kicked back, you certainly knew about it. Hence the need for the ignition advance and retard control!

All the best Sir, I hope the consultant can resolve your issue.

Yes the salt box cafe and pool with the most stunning views. Salt box hill alongside down to the valley and beyond. Fantastic riding roads there and all around. Alas all gone now, houses etc. It was opposite the airfield and all the fun to be had there too. Corkscrew hill is nearby, west wickham way, that?s about the most fun you can have in a 30mph zone!

I should have remembered that about Corkscrew Hill - I used to live in West Wickham!! doh

I did the same 3 years back, bought a T120 to go with the RR, I've used the Triumph so much more than the BMW since, it's just easier, more comfy, no need to get dressed in 'Ninja' leathers and all that jazz just jump on and go.

Still looking for some decent jeans at sensible money though to complete the look lol

I did the same 3 years back, bought a T120 to go with the RR, I've used the Triumph so much more than the BMW since, it's just easier, more comfy, no need to get dressed in 'Ninja' leathers and all that jazz just jump on and go.

Got to agree with this, so much easier to get ready and get out, no faffing around required! Love it!

But then getting out on the RR is a different feeling and just depends on what mood you're in, lucky we can choose :)

Right now though, we're stuck indoors :(

Couple of new mods to my Bonneville. Triumph have a brilliant system, where they have an instructions website available to anyone, enter part number and gives you full detailed instructions with torque settings etc. Not many manufacturers do that so I'm impressed. I fitted the retro style 4 Bar Tank Badges and Grab Rail Kit:

7-EB6-F923-B14-F-4779-BCB8-774-F94887-BE0.jpg

EE00-CD96-F9-BD-4-B24-A89-F-864490725228.jpg

C3-AF2-F1-E-40-DD-47-DD-919-B-C4-A90-D92577-E.jpg

9-B75-B0-DC-1-AB7-43-EF-81-D5-85350-BDA9-B21.jpg

C25-FE64-C-FC97-4-A5-F-95-D1-375-DF7385-CB4.jpg

Triumph Bonneville

Lovely bike and something a bit different to have in the garage. Very retro and very cool.

Went out for a ride last night as weather was lovely and took a couple of pics:

C501-C1-A3-18-F0-4787-AA53-79-E74-DBE592-B.jpg

B8-E83-C40-6-D59-4-D6-C-890-C-D5507-B8-D41-D0.jpg

Great photos! That second one is blatantly out of a marketing magazine [emoji2957]
Glad you?re enjoying the bike [emoji41]

Great photos! That second one is blatantly out of a marketing magazine [emoji2957]
Glad you?re enjoying the bike [emoji41]

It was me that took them both Oli, just got very lucky with the second one haha. Sent it to a friend and he said it looks like a scene out of Emerdale lol.

Yes mate, I'm enjoying it along with the S1000RR, fancied a more chilled ride yesterday after Sunday's blast around the Peaks :D Be good to meet you soon, hopefully on the next forum meet!

I had some time off work last week, and during one of the days I rode up to the Yorkshire Dales with a group of people from the Triumph forum. It was an absolutely brilliant ride out, I travelled up from the West Midlands and covered circa 380 miles in the day. We stopped for breakfast in Settle and then rode across to the Ribblehead Viaduct. We then rode further in and did the Buttertubs Pass and enjoyed the views up there. We stopped for some tea and coffee in Wensleydale before we rode south across the Moors. Epic scenery and roads, so glad I ticked it off the list and in fantastic company too! Bonneville did me proud and plenty of low down torque to get me up those hilly areas, no issues whatsoever. Had a brilliant day overall even though we got caught in a couple of showers.

Here are some pics I took:

5-F1-BBEB6-DB99-4-DF7-A0-A1-B2-B67-E89-B280.jpg

A50265-BA-1-C70-4687-A36-F-69-CBCA2-D2-FCF.jpg

AC3-CA70-B-2-C37-4-C01-B29-F-261-A21-EDD126.jpg

B29-FC579-3960-4-D4-D-8-BD2-353-A56-E57790.jpg

FCAAB4-AC-BD44-4-C43-8-F4-B-F3-F6-C6-CEE5-F6.jpg

51878-AF0-C2-C6-4021-AE47-06-DC58984823.jpg

I know it very well, often ride to Hawes to pick up some fresh cheeses from the creamery. The other side of the A1, Helmsley and the like is also well worth a pottle around next time you visit.

Thanks Soof, I was thinking of you the day we went, as you had mentioned how nice it was around there, and you were absolutely right! Next forum meet should be there and you can lead the way :D

Great pictures Schuey, and you were the only one braving it on a fully naked bike! :friendly_wink: I like the Heritage tank badge too,

Back