My Gen 3 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good
Any tips on fitting the arrow headers I've just ordered a full arrow system for mine

Last edited:
Thanks. For the headers, make sure you've got a range of extensions and universal joints. Lots of getting into and around tight spots. The oil and water radiator bracket in particular needs a UJ. Installing the headers themselves, put the springs onto the clamps before you bolt them to the head, then don't tighten them down till you've got everything in place.

Other than that it's fairly straightforward. Be careful with the header labelling too, mine were labelled wrong and so had to take 1 and 4 back off to swap them over after a bit of confusion as to why it wasn't going together!

Thanks. For the headers, make sure you've got a range of extensions and universal joints. Lots of getting into and around tight spots. The oil and water radiator bracket in particular needs a UJ. Installing the headers themselves, put the springs onto the clamps before you bolt them to the head, then don't tighten them down till you've got everything in place.

Other than that it's fairly straightforward. Be careful with the header labelling too, mine were labelled wrong and so had to take 1 and 4 back off to swap them over after a bit of confusion as to why it wasn't going together!
Ok thanks what about the butterfly valves and lambda sensors do you re fit those ?

Mine all came off and replaced by the healtech things. Then lambas back in, but have a PCV now so could have blanked them

Yep, you need two if you're taking both off. There's one in the headers, and one after the cats.

Bit of an update from me. Decided to move the arrow on, although I loved the way it looked the sound wasn't quite right for me. I always loved the look of the HP4 Race akrapovic, but seemed like you could barely get hold of them.

Then I spotted one on ebay, which just so happened to be from Lee Johnston's IOM TT bike, and was the full titanium race system. Fitting was pretty straightforward, and I absolutely love the way it sounds.

I also managed to get hold of some HP rearsets, to say I was shocked to feel how much the gear shift changed is an understatement. The change feels about 10x more positive and direct now, makes the bike feel so much nicer to ride and so positive. I love the way they look too.

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI2Cjsqq54o

IfHoWDf.jpg

Thanks for sharing the videos... have to share looks and prefer the akra 100 percent and what a find too!

glad ur enjoying her!

Mine was an eBay special. Think it was ?80 or so. Required a bit of Dremel work to make it fit nicely. I wanted one without the hole, as all it seemed to do was flick mud all up the back of the bike.

Back