My Gen 3 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatleytom

Reaction score
Just thought I'd add my bike on here. Hopefully someone ends up reading it!

I only fairly recently passed my bike test, Sept-19 to be precise. I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted, but an s1000rr was always the end goal and the reason I got interested in bikes back when it was launched. I suspected I'd work my way up slowly and have one within a few years though rather than getting hold of one so soon. As it was I ended up with an 899 Panigale as my first bike, which was really far too agricultural for me and I just didn't gel with it to be honest. I ended up trading it for a Street Triple RS after not long having it, and I enjoyed getting some miles on the Street triple. However, it wasn't long before I got a bit bored of it to be quite honest. I enjoyed riding it, but ended up feeling like I could grab it by the scruff of the neck given its nature. I have an F-type R for my car and the bike just didn't really excite me and or intimidate me to the level that made me want to get it out of the garage of a morning, so I decided to trade that in.

I looked around and found a bike I liked the look of at Motoline in Alton which was the below.

7eHGWPK.jpg

I loved the look of it, it was around the right price and had the HP wheels which I loved the look of. I took it for a ride, and was instantly hooked. The power was insane, I loved the noise and most of all it was reasonably comfy and felt nice and docile to ride yet manic with the twist of the throttle. So decided to go with it. The guys at Motoline put new front pads in, and put it through an MOT so it was all ready to go, I just had to wait a week to be able to collect.

Collection day came, and unfortunately the weather was not the best, but I was looking forward so much I headed down anyway. A hours ride on the motorway on a Street triple is not much fun whilst its drizzling at 5c! Waiting for me there though was this lovely thing.

cogb8Ei.jpg

The ride home was slightly less miserable with fairings, but wasn't nice getting the new bike filthy, hopefully nothing a good wash couldn't fix.

HLrXZ5d.jpg

I had a few ideas of changes I wanted to make already. I really wasn't keen on the levers so they were out straight away, tail tidy followed shortly after.

A3j0OEK.jpg

It was at that point a friend suggested this plate to me which I had to get.

Izf7Qie.jpg

The next thing for me was really the stock can. It actually sounds pretty decent, but I just really dislike the size and look of it so started looking for a replacement. I therefore wasn't hugely keen on the Akra cans, liked the look of the SC project CRT, but the one that really caught my eye was the arrow shorty full system. I was a bit worried at how loud it was but needn't have been concerned. I ordered the kit from Italy, which took an agonisingly long time to turn up. I stripped and got ready to install before the new system arrived, and took the same opportunity to install a new chain and sprockets and removed and cleaned up all of the guides too.

While I was waiting for the exhaust I also ordered a pillion seat (I prefer the way it looks over the cover) and the red coding plug so that I could get access to the User and Slick modes.

cXwpaO6.jpg

stN8ZLP.jpg

SYsT1Y8.jpg

1lmiPfb.jpg

After a bit of a fight with the header pipes it was on and imo looking great, and sounding unreal. Coming from an 899 with Akra and 765 with SC project, this didn't sound overly loud too me, even if the flames and popping is a bit much at times I love it. I was a bit worried about heat as had heard of folk melting belly pans with this setup so coated mine in heat protective tape which hopefully helps.

Since then I've changed the grips for some renthal dual compound grey grips, and stuck a smaller plate on. I've managed to find a well priced PCV now so hopefully will have that mapped and get it running at its best with the new system, but that's it for now.

Jobs I want to do soon are an Oil change just for peace of mind, new tyres, and new rearsets. And riding it when the weather allows!

Great write up and lovely pics. Motoline is linked to BVG if I?m correct. How was ur sales experience with them?

if your looking at service kits rearsets... consider joining up for discounts on accessories at some dealers if your doing the work yourself....

look forward to seeing how this whip progresses :)

Yeah that's right. I believe he's a partner/owner. They've been great, good sales experience and all seem like a great bunch of guys. All of the bikes they stock are really decent quality.

Will bear that in mind, I will be doing all the work myself, I find that's half the fun for me personally.

beautiful same year as mine ,ive recently changed the tank side protectors to black and I prefer it to the white
I think we are all gagging for the better weather to come now !

Funnily enough I was thinking of doing the same thing, it seems like it's a bit of a sea of white on the side at the moment. Have you got any photos of yours?

Yeah that's right. I believe he's a partner/owner. They've been great, good sales experience and all seem like a great bunch of guys. All of the bikes they stock are really decent quality.

Will bear that in mind, I will be doing all the work myself, I find that's half the fun for me personally.

Yes that's correct - Motoline is Bahnstormers sister company. On another matter, which make tailtidy did you purchase?

Out of curiosity whats your insurance coming in at with having only passed Sept 19??

Expensive. Was extremely limited on who would cover me. I've gone with GoSkippy in the end and it was ?900. Would have been half that had I not been near London. I'm originally from Swindon, tried at my parents address and it was about 500.

Last edited:
Gave it a wash with my new snowfoam bottle! Got a PCV coming this week which I'm looking forward to getting fitted. Managed to get it for ?225 from XL moto, which seemed like too good an offer to pass up.

uHTod7O.jpg

HtzaXcB.jpg

PCV came and was installed yesterday, fairly easy considering. Since I installed the arrow full system it was expectedly slightly jerkier lower down the revs and seemed to hunt slightly at the 3k mark or around about there. PCV installed and interestingly the only map available on the dynojet site was one for a full arrow system. I installed that just to see what it did, and surprisingly it really smoothed everything out lower down the revs coming on/off throttle and at the 3k mark the revs no longer hunt around. Haven't given it a proper run out yet, so impossible to say what its done power wise.

Will be taking to get it mapped somewhere soon, any recommendations? Steve Jordan is my nearest. Interested to see a with/without PCV comparison.

Decided to go for some black tank panels as I wasn't sure about the white. Swapped the arrow badge for a black and white version too.

6Xm4Far.jpg

VBptU24.jpg

Back