EBC Pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone used EBC Extreme Pro pads? Part no. is GPFA447HH as opposed to GPFAX447HH for what seems to be the GPFAX pads.

Can?t really find any info on the extreme pro pads and wondering if it?s old stock and discontinued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi i use the GPFAX447HH pads for trackdays. I had a look on their website, and it seems the only thing they state, is the X type are road race and the other type are race only. I would recommend the GPFAX447HH as they give me great braking ability. I wouldn't read into it too deeply.
I get my pads from HPS who seem to offer the better deal.
For trackdays, they don't last long. Possibly 5 days on track, depending on your braking.

I put a set of GPFAX in before Jerez and they?re done already.

Just bought the others as they looked like they were the same but old stock before the GPFAX as I can?t get any info on them.

Try SBS 901 DS-2 or Brembo Z04 next time. They are more expensive, but they last much longer.

Used to use the Z04s on my Ducati. Awesome pads but they?re crazy money and can?t say I seen much difference in performance between them and the GPFAX to justify the difference in cost

Brembo Z04

In my opinion nothing beats Brembo Z04 pads both in terms of braking performance and longevity on track. Yes, they are very expensive but they are absolutely superb.

If I can get 4 days out the GPFAX (probably 1 day left in them) then it doesn?t make sense to buy the Z04s if they?re only going to be 12 days max.
I?ve just paid ?40 for 2 sets of these EBC pads.

I've no idea what the friction mu rating is on the GPFAX or its ability to deal with heat. Does anyone have the information?

Bendix / PFC are other alternatives.

If I can get 4 days out the GPFAX (probably 1 day left in them) then it doesn?t make sense to buy the Z04s if they?re only going to be 12 days max.
I?ve just paid ?40 for 2 sets of these EBC pads.

Number of days obviously depends on your pace. There is no magic number, trial and error is the best way to find out.

Someone who is hard on brakes on straights would wear them off much quicker.

I put a set of GPFAX in before Jerez and they?re done already.

Just bought the others as they looked like they were the same but old stock before the GPFAX as I can?t get any info on them.

I normally get 8 days at most out of the pads. You won't get too much longevity out of race pads if your braking hard. The Z04 pads are initially ok but diminish over time. Too expensive.

Z04 usually last me three times as long as normal race pads so you?d probably get 10-12 days @carsonr6. The other thing worth mentioning is wear on the discs. The EBC pads are particularly aggressive on discs which are obviously very expensive. I?m sure they?d still last a year or two anyhow but it adds up.

Back