link pipe

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
Hi fitting a link pipe do you have to remove the cables and servo or leave in situ and secure the cables out of the way, any advise would be helpful thanks.

Like Tatoobob, I would recommend removing the servo motor(s) entirely using servo eliminators.
However, if you don?t want to do this, the alternative is to just remove the cables from the servos taking care not to rotate the servo plate, as this will lead to an engine warning light

Ouch if the round disc that the cables is attached to is the servo plate I have moved it what do you suggest I do to rectify.

Move it back to the original position before turning the bike on, if needs be reconnect the cables just to get it in the correct position. It?s when you turn the bike on the fault will show up otherwise

Will do thanks very much guys for you help.
Hi. had a look at the cables don't think I have moved them turn on the ignition there was no error codes did not start the bike up, if I start it u will that show up the error code sorry to e a pain.

Last edited:
Did the servo wheel turn as you turned the ignition on? If yes then it will have reset when you turned it off again so should be ok, just remove the cables carefully and you should be good to go without fault lights

Did the servo wheel turn as you turned the ignition on? If yes then it will have reset when you turned it off again so should be ok, just remove the cables carefully and you should be good to go without fault lights[/QUOTE
was going to leave the cables on they loo really hard to remove thanks for your help.

If they are released at the exhaust end first you should have loads of play to take them off at the servo but they won?t do any harm if left on, just my ocd wouldn?t allow me to leave them hanging there

I feel the same up to now I have not dropped or snapped anything I will tape and cable tidy them up as best I can thanks for your help.

Back