Should be on a S1000RR Sport in the coming weeks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meepmeep

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I'm new both to here and to S1000RRs.

I have a K6 Gixer 1000 and a KTM RC8 at the minute and it looks like I'll be adding a new S1000RR Sport to the garage in the next while.

I've been wanting to get something brand new for a while and, despite my head saying to get something more upright, I can't bring myself to move away from sportsbikes just yet.

I'm based in Dublin and the BMW Motorrad here has a beautiful unregistered RR Sport available so I reckon I'll make it mine.

I'm looking forward to engaging on here as I discover the undoubted joys of the new bike.

I'm also half-planning to take it on the Cannonball Bike Run next year. Has anyone done it? Seems like a fun trip.

Cheers.

Meepmeep

Welcome to the forum!

Great intro. What have been your favourite experiences onboard your GSXR and RC8?

Jaffo on the ZZR forum did a good write up of the Cannonball Bike Run, as did Rootsy from Fast Bikes mag a few years or so ago.

Hope you join the Bavarian team soon, you certainly won’t regret it [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum

Cheers Oli. Thanks for the nice welcome.

Being honest - I have been using the bikes embarrassingly infrequently in recent years so I'm planning to change that.

I have to say I don't enjoy the RC8 as much as (1) I thought I would and (2) I enjoy the Gixer. I only bought it around 2.5 years ago as I love the look of then. I can genuinely just sit and look at it.

I'm hoping to do more trips now that child is a little older and the other half has been away a lot so I have some credit in the bank! Haha

I'll check out those writeups re the Cannonball.

Cheers.

Back