Jerez Pacedayz 22-24th February

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jerez

Ha, very average times considering Redding did 1:42 on stock V4S in Jan.

I think it just shows how good modern superbikes are...........Alex Lowes did similar times on a stock R1M.

As far as the BSB times go, it could be something as simple as track conditions?

Re: Jerez

I think it just shows how good modern superbikes are...........Alex Lowes did similar times on a stock R1M.

As far as the BSB times go, it could be something as simple as track conditions?

Probably the most logical explanation, yes. Many people said to me that the fastest times are usually set in winter when track is somewhat cool.

I completely missed this thread as I?ve not been online much lately. I owe a massive thanks to @bmwbadboy for being a top bloke and helping sort my stuff after I spooned it and got run over on the third day! I was in hospital for a couple days but got away with a bruised lung and soft tissue damage and recovering well. I got a few days skiing with copious pain killers so can?t be that bad!!

Apart from that it was an epic trip. I got into the 1?42?s at Cartegena and then managed 1?50.6?? at Jerez so a massive improvement of five seconds over last years times.

Last edited:
Shit! Glad it was no worse than that.
Well done on the times.

Ready for the NLR season?

- Alex

cracking couple of laps that dave,very smooth,couple of hold ups and the odd mistake ;). sub 50 there easy enough i reckon!!

is that my mivv system? sounds like a 600 :)

Epic video...thanks for sharing and hope the recovery is going well....dont over do it skiing!

Are you using a small GoPro Session cam on the helmet? Trying to understand how you sneak that on track?

Mark didnt say a word about it at Carta 3 weeks ago and yes, Monners had it there too lol

But that was an NLR invitational right, so again the rules may have been different.

BTW I'm not complaining I'd like to mount my session cam on the chin bar...

Last edited:
But that was an NLR invitational right, so again the rules may have been different.

BTW I'm not complaining I'd like to mount my session cam on the chin bar...

cant see why that would make a difference tbh,it's still only a trackday,even if it was a "NLR" trip. i'm assuming he's just got lucky as i know every breifing i've had in spain,it's mentioned about cameras,specifically being secured with a lanyard.

i'll get confirmation next week with regard to NL,although this was a pacedays trip so who knows,maybe they do allow it?

I was lucky with the GoPro on the helmet. I have a sticky mount and use a lanyard onto my helmet strap. It?s definitely the best angle but I don?t get away with it very often.

Last edited:
cracking couple of laps that dave,very smooth,couple of hold ups and the odd mistake ;). sub 50 there easy enough i reckon!!

Unfortunately the mivv can got a hole in maybe from my heel. This was a cheap carbon can that also got a hole in from my heel in a couple of days annoyingly hence the weird sound. I took it off altogether in the end before it fell apart.

Last edited:
Helmet mount

Attachments

• 6A1225DB-6706-46F2-8BCA-754F21211308.jpeg
    6A1225DB-6706-46F2-8BCA-754F21211308.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 25

It would be amazing to go sub 1?50??! I was on 44 rear gearing so fairly sure there was time just with a 45 which is better suited for the corner exits. I was going to try on day three but spooned it instead!

Back