Jerez Pacedayz 22-24th February

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good going, what probs did you have with the bike?

The positive terminal for the battery snapped off and damaged the battery post. Whoever put it in before cross threaded the bolt for the terminal and it destroyed the rest of the post when I tried to remove it as the bolt was so tight.

2c0e86a75f84601ca8f6712f2cc6e8d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ended the trip at 1:53, Dave managed to do 1:50 !

Unexpectedly warm weather and my choice of soft V02 rear wasn't right. It was difficult to show decent times after lunch when track gets to about +25C and becomes greasy.

53's is good going

Thanks! Hicky explained me how to ride this track, and finally all the pieces of got together in my head. Just need to up the speed and be a bit more cocky to get into 49iers.
I'm still slow in T4 which is super-essential.

yep the drive in/out of 4 is a big one as it's suprising how long the drive upto sito pons is so can lose time easily there,my killers are 8 and last turn,i lose so much time there

and goes to show that "usually" time will be made up from instruction,not what you put on the bike,i'd still be riding the wheels of it,doing 1.56's if ididnt get some proper instruction there

I was at Jerez, 2 years ago for the second time. Its a fast track, and i loved the flow. I managed a 1.54 on Dunlop tyres, which give a better grip i feel, from the VO2 tyre. Never had any tuition on track, but i feel the back section needs a wee bit of balls to get a decent lap time.
I would like Hicky to give me some advice on track.
Excellent times. Well Done.

Jerez

Nothing beats 1-to-1 instruction on track and it will certainly help towards improving your lap times. For perspective most of the BSB Paddock are currently testing at Jerez and the fastest lap so far is a 1:41.9. Expect times to drop further over the next couple of days.

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/

Re: Jerez

Nothing beats 1-to-1 instruction on track and it will certainly help towards improving your lap times. For perspective most of the BSB Paddock are currently testing at Jerez and the fastest lap so far is a 1:41.9. Expect times to drop further over the next couple of days.

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/

Ha, very average times considering Redding did 1:42 on stock V4S in Jan.

Jerez

Still, those times are quicker than most. The fastest MotoGP test time from November was a 1:37.

Regardless, I certainly wouldn?t consider those times ?average?.

Re: Jerez

Still, those times are quicker than most. The fastest MotoGP test time from November was a 1:37.

Regardless, I certainly wouldn?t consider those times ?average?.

well, they re or Redding got talent. All considering how much prep goes into a BSB motorbike (I saw that at Pacedayz with Superstock guys) vs. one guy-mechanic that was assisting Redding in Jan.

Jerez

With respect I can?t tell from the tone of your post whether you are asking a question, trying to make a statement, or are just being deliberately confrontational. Either way you have completely missed the point of my original post offering a perspective with regards to lap times and those already posted within the thread.

I went 4 seconds quicker at Alcarr?s than my PB from 2 years previously after I got 1-2-1 instruction from Peter Hickman. Granted I?m no racer and my rider had improved loads in those 2 years but 4 seconds is 4 seconds and justifies the cost to the Mrs [emoji23]

I went 4 seconds quicker at Alcarr?s than my PB from 2 years previously after I got 1-2-1 instruction from Peter Hickman. Granted I?m no racer and my rider had improved loads in those 2 years but 4 seconds is 4 seconds and justifies the cost to the Mrs [emoji23]

4 seconds is all you last she was saying the other day !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back