Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulWalker_1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a new to me s1000rr which I have just bought from BMW Guildford. I'm turning it into a track bike (and trying not to spend all my money) my mods so far are;

*Sheps fairings
*Race clock fairing and air tube
*Race subframe
* Slipscreen DB screen
*Oz pigea forged wheels w/ VO2 slicks
*Full akra ti system 450mm can
* Litium battery
*Abs removal
*K&N air filter
*Brembo RCS 19 MC
*Alpha racing clip ons
*Just sent my ECU to Phil Crowe to have it unlocked by bmw and the RCk3 to be installed. Phil will then set it up with custom maps on the rolling road.

Things I'd like to do;

*Rearsets
*Kteh cartridge and rear shock (next year)
*520 conversion

Thinks I'd like to know.

Is the DDC suspension adequate on track? I'm middle to top of the fast group (KTM super duke R) I'm aware of a 2d sensor that you can buy, anyone tried it?

Also just to note I've spunked a load more money then I intended, however everything is used with the exception of the fairings and the RCK3.

What sprocket size should i go with? We usually do cadwell, donny but will also do most other UK tracks. We also do 1 euro trip per year this year its either Jerez or Almeria. I'm happy to change sprokets if required, just wondered if there is a happy medium?

I'm super excited to get out on it.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Cheers,
Paul

Welcome Paul, I take it you've got a Gen3? 2015-2018 model?

The 2D sensor is used by lots of folk, road and track, to separate the Compression and Rebound settings on the front. Works - PnP - but you lose some steering lock (not an issue on track). Worthwhile on a track bike. The stock suspension is effectively aimed at a 90kg rider (inc gear). So the only thing I'd suggest is getting the DDC sprung to your weight. MCT does a cracking job.

16/43 and 16/46 are the most popular gearing options. Obviously they change the swingarm length which is also impacted by chain length and that affects squat, turning etc etc. 16/46 120links is probably best to start with. The bike likes to be run flat, don't be tempted to drop the nose down the forks. TBH if you're going to Phil Crowe do what he recommends...

Thanks Alex. Yes I have a gen3 sorry for not been clear. I'll keep my eye out for a 2nd hand sensor dont want to drop £400 on a new sensor when I could put that money towards the £1900 which the stuff KTech will cost.

Thanks for the gearing advice I'll get my kit ordered.

Cheers,
Paul

Welcome. Plenty of friendly people and banter and lots of track gurus so ask away with your questions!!

get some pics up too!

You might want to look at Mupo suspension. @Monners is using it on his Gen3 and was today clocking 1:42's at Cartagena on his Gen3. He's been very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Back