Euro 4 Gen 3 tuning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixermogs

Reaction score
After some advice on best method of tuning my 2018 Gen3 please. PCV or ECU flash? I’ve just fitted a full titanium system but standard apart from that. Not chasing power just want her to run the correct AFR

ECU is always the best, but is detectable by a dealer and in theory can void warranty.

Any recommendations for ECU flash? Does the dealer always know it’s been flashed? I still have 18 months warranty left so would I be better to get a piggy back such as PCV until then, if so does anyone have a decent map I could try until then? Help as always is appreciated on here

I went for a PCV as mine is still in warranty. It sorted out the AF after I decatted it and also smoothed it out lower down the rev range.

Last edited:
Sounds like my best option, does anyone have a PCV map I could use? I have a full titanium Vandemon system on (looks similar to the Akrapovic,
thanks

Any recommendations for ECU flash? Does the dealer always know it’s been flashed? I still have 18 months warranty left so would I be better to get a piggy back such as PCV until then, if so does anyone have a decent map I could try until then? Help as always is appreciated on here
There are many Dyno shops that offer ECU tuning: HM racing, Phil Crowe, Brentunning, RS2E.de

Depends what you really need.

Find a tuner you trust - add the secondary fueling solution they recommend. PCV / RapidBike Race / Bazzaz I believe all have solutions for the Gen4 Euro4 (which is very much different to old ones).

The RS2E ECU reflash is proven and something you can move to at a later date.

Good point, splicing wires is not ideal. I have a good relationship with my dealer so I think flash may be better overall

You could always go with a Brentune handheld remap.Using one of theirs means you can re-install the OE map before the bike goes into the dealer,then reinstall bren map after.
This is then not detected by the dealer(although,as with any mods,bmw germany could detect it.It would need to be a very serious issue for that,however).

All my bikes(last 5)have either had pcv/bren or similar and have all been traded back to the dealer.All those bikes,when sold,had bmw extended warranty.

apologies to bring up an old thread but I thought I would do a search before asking
Anyhow I booked my 016 Gen3 into JHS racing for a PCV and remap but thinking about I dont want the PCV its over ?400 more fitted and they said they cant remap an ecu direct
Any other dyno places I can go that do the direct mapping please ?

Back