Gen2/3 suspension

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebikes86

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone can help? I have a gen 2 running stock suspension and I’ve been offered ktech internals and a ktech rear shock from a gen3, does anyone know if either will fit? Cheers.

The gen3 forks(DDC) are different to gen2 and require different cartridges and the gen3 rear shock is totally different.
In answer to your question-NO!

The gen3 forks(DDC) are different to gen2 and require different cartridges and the gen3 rear shock is totally different.
In answer to your question-NO!

are the fork stanchions not the same though on gen2+3? if so then the cartridge kit will fit surely? i dont know,just assuming....

Ask if the Gen 3 was a DDC model, it may fit if it was bought new with non DDC with the intention of upgrading the suspension, I’m not certain but I think the base model Gen 3 had conventional suspension

I have to agree. If the Gen 3 Ktech was for non DDC model then it must fit. Now for the rear you have to check the shock model specs. Some shocks only had length differences that could be compensated with the length adjustment of the shock.

Yep pretty sure the gen3 that the ktech came off had ddc. Looking at the ktech site the only differences between the gen 2/3 rear shock is the length. I’m going to call HM Racing tomorrow and see what they say. Cheers👍

Back