Dash visibility

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share that if your visor is too dark you can't see the screen at all. So save yourself some money if track riding. Visors for my lid are £99 so ain't cheap. Where the background is black is probably the main cause.
I'm going to have to try a smoke visor.
I've had to fit my clear one on on track as can't see it.

Interesting - is the visor polarised? Because that's always an issue for not being able to view digital displays...

No it's a shark race r pro visor. Jet black. Also it must have a very large reserve tank. I'm barely getting 2 sessions in before the warning takes over the dash and again that's all you see.. So now topping up every session.

Weird, i have a shark lid with a dark visor and can see the dash with no issues.

Mine’s been fine with Arai dark visor as Schuey’s said. There’s certainly no missing the low fuel warning flag, clearly we need to know but the presentation’s dammed annoying in my book.

To confirm, you're in *Race Pro* mode on the dash and the fuel warning obliterates the view still yeah?
That seems like a software fail to me. I'd deffo feature request that's disabled in Race Pro.

I'd rather flick it right on a hot lap than left...on paper that's cumbersome. No idea how it is in practice.

Back