Indoor/Garage covers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc A

Reaction score
Hey chaps...

With the new bike due to arrive soon I'm looking at making the garage a little more comfortable....and to protect from dust or anything else what do people use for covers??

A mate swears by an old duvet (13.5 tog lol) and an oxford outdoor cover....

Open to suggestions....thanks in advance

I have bought plenty of cheap covers over the years which at first seemed fine but then didn’t last long at all. Buy cheap, buy twice.

i use the oxford aquatex, about £35 lightweight and waterproof if needed. had the same 2 on mine and the missis bikes for 10 plus years. no rips or damage and even took them to the TT last year where they had a good workout.:)

Last edited:
halfords indoor cover for mine, works perfect keeps dust and my 8 year olds finger prints off it

I'm just too lazy to use covers for my bikes, in and out of my nice dry garage every day. :cocksure:

I’ve just bought an Oxford Protex Stretch cover cause I’m stick of it gathering dust.

It’s a really thin stretchy material, feels like neoprene but thin.

The bike has to be clean, I’d imagine it could cause scratches for you put the cover on a dirty bike.

Overall very smart I think. Indoor use only

9820742a7a4480d64448420759f321ba.jpg
9ca48239155c66f19e801c79f063e1f2.jpg

I bought a custom one for the S1000RR couple of years ago at the NEC bike show, wasn't cheap but it fits spot on and has the S1000RR logo on both sides which looks cool. As mentioned above, only really put it on after the bike's had a good clean so that it doesn't scratch and keeps the dust off. Fortunately, it fits my Gen 4 also.

I bought a custom one for the S1000RR couple of years ago at the NEC bike show, wasn't cheap but it fits spot on and has the S1000RR logo on both sides which looks cool. As mentioned above, only really put it on after the bike's had a good clean so that it doesn't scratch and keeps the dust off. Fortunately, it fits my Gen 4 also.

for extra security you should get one with GSXR on the side. :)

Back