gen 4 slipons

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I’m feeling the sc project too.....
also like the austin racing too... had a good chat with the guys at nec

I am thinking of the sc project also... Or maybe the Austin racing. .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I don't want to invalidate warranty, so am only looking at slip on for looks and sound... Don't need anymore power at the moment lol

I have the Akrapovic GP short on mine, I also have the Titanium header/collector waiting to go on.

I will probably buy a long can as well for UK trackdays, maybe a Pipewerx, the Titanium long can from Akrapovic is not available separately, I bought the can first and then the headers.

i dont want the rear hanger disturbing the looks of the rear of the bike so just looking at stubbys for me. :)

Does look like stubby types are more in fashion, but I do like the look of the full length Akra Titanium with Carbon tip slip on. Think it's £1000 fitted price at my dealer.

Does look like stubby types are more in fashion, but I do like the look of the full length Akra Titanium with Carbon tip slip on. Think it's £1000 fitted price at my dealer.
And does that still get covered under warranty for the bike? Am unsure as to what is covered with exhausts and not. My dealer is stating that the full akra doesn't yet get approved by BMW due to no release codes yet....

And does that still get covered under warranty for the bike? Am unsure as to what is covered with exhausts and not. My dealer is stating that the full akra doesn't yet get approved by BMW due to no release codes yet....

I believe no warranty issues with these slip ons.

Not usually - it's hard for BMW to argue against the use of Akra's when they sell them...
I've just been informed by my dealer that BMW at the moment do not have the release codes for
the full k67 system therefore it won't be covered in warranty until they have the codes released

I've just been informed by my dealer that BMW at the moment do not have the release codes for
the full k67 system therefore it won't be covered in warranty until they have the codes released

Maybe we're getting hung up on terminology, you can't void the whole bikes warranty on a change of exhaust. What's it got to do with the electronics or a bearing spinning? But you can obviously exclude the replacement from the warranty that to me is expected.

Using a well designed solution from a reputable company shouldn't be an issue - it's just tubes of metal.
Bahnstormers agreed the same last time when they fitted my system to my Gen3.

We've already confirmed that the ECU adapts to AFR changes through better breathing.
So they've already built in countermeasures. They'd do well to argue that it has anything to do with any warranty related claim.

Maybe we're getting hung up on terminology, you can't void the whole bikes warranty on a change of exhaust. What's it got to do with the electronics or a bearing spinning? But you can obviously exclude the replacement from the warranty that to me is expected.

Using a well designed solution from a reputable company shouldn't be an issue - it's just tubes of metal.
Bahnstormers agreed the same last time when they fitted my system to my Gen3.

We've already confirmed that the ECU adapts to AFR changes through better breathing.
So they've already built in countermeasures. They'd do well to argue that it has anything to do with any warranty related claim.
Thank you for the clarification I'm new to full systems and I've only put slip-ons before I have never bought a new bike especially not a £20,000 one

I have the Akrapovic GP short on mine, I also have the Titanium header/collector waiting to go on.

I will probably buy a long can as well for UK trackdays, maybe a Pipewerx, the Titanium long can from Akrapovic is not available separately, I bought the can first and then the headers.

I’ve got the stubby fitted and may upgrade the headers but the thought of 114 db puts me off a bit and would prohibit local Oulton track days for sure. I assume the Pipewerx mates up to the Akra headers ok?

Back