gen 3 throttle reading gs-911

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plphones

Reaction score
hi all
iv been prep ready for next season and noticed my throttle reading on gs is max reading 98.30%
iv tried reset hold 15 sec egn on off does nothing still the same 98.3 no reset adaptation on gs for 15+ yet
im going to try replace the twist grip see if this helps but am conserned y this hap bike only has 2k miles just out warrenty typical
dealer blamed my mods and hilltop map did reset same again i asked for set plugs while in for service just to rule it out
at the opposit side the throttle reading at tick over reading fluctuate 0 - 0.01/2/3 this may explain my lumpy tick over
everyone iv asked oh its ya full decat akro
if i apply revese pressure to the throttle it can read upto -7 is this normal
iv dis the twist grip cleaned all connections made no dif
any thoughts guys

thanks

Trev

I had similar issue with TGP on gen3. What I did is to apply extra force to push it fully open, which took the reading to 100%.

i almost snapped it yesterday trying justr that iv ordered one from 20 bike and one from an 18 see how we go but think this be what make tick over crap too

in my mind its saying bmw first lot ride by wire may been crap im hoping the dif part number unit from 18 or 20 bike helps remove the problem as this sort thing happ on my audi ttrs and i put next year model in and problem gone but cant tell if gona throw error till do it
dont help ebery other year has adaptations in gs tool

Maybe have it flashed by BMW if you've been to Hilltop...it's in an unknown state.

or, testing a different throttle. Usually plenty on eBay.

bmw said nothing wrong as its not show any error
just bug me now see 98 and not 100
iv ordered couple type twist see how goes
was hoping for ye common prob swap out ya twist haha
when i had hilltop done was nothing ells realy avail
think gona go full remap next too

Would you know it was 98% if you didn't look at it? If not theres no issue.

Grip position never really reflects the actual TPS on the Gen3+ anyway.

The RS2E map I've had done will treat the last X% of travel as being 100% either way as in 95% - 100% grip inferred as being a request for 100%.

Last edited:
Would you know it was 98% if you didn't look at it? If not theres no issue.

Grip position never really reflects the actual TPS on the Gen3+ anyway.

The RS2E map I've had done will treat the last X% of travel as being 100% either way as in 95% - 100% grip inferred as being a request for 100%.

I want to go the RS2E way - only lack of cash is stopping me - and wondered about the throttle...........when they go from 68 deg to the 54 > 58 deg range they offer, is it a physical stop after 54 > 58 deg or is it 100% throttle at whatever rotation you specify but the throttle still turns 68 deg?

what about the lumpy tickover and throttle pos reading -0.03 to 0 at tickover on gs tool
and push back grip give -7 is this normal
this could give lumpty tickover no
i may be on wild goose chase looking for a problem thats not there if your telling me ecu reads 98.30 as 100%
other problem i thought was same issue holding 30mph right pain in ass
like i wana say surging diff to hold steady slow pace
end up using cruise controle most time as it dont like hold 30 this been like this from delivery

who in uk doing rs2e north east uk pref

is the .de rs2e the same as id get from bmw dealer race ecu set up

Alex is the best person but I don't think so..........read something stating that Alpha used RS2E maps in the past but they are an aftermarket company rather than a BMW partner.

looks like after read alex post on the rs2e ecu off ta germany
is it just ecu needs to go will this also get rid of the hilltop stuff

looks like after read alex post on the rs2e ecu off ta germany
is it just ecu needs to go will this also get rid of the hilltop stuff

Have you been on the RS2E website? Good explaination of what the flash does on there................

just been looking at it looks like just send ecu iv not asked as they want chas number and dont have it to hand

what about the lumpy tickover and throttle pos reading -0.03 to 0 at tickover on gs tool
and push back grip give -7 is this normal
this could give lumpty tickover no
i may be on wild goose chase looking for a problem thats not there if your telling me ecu reads 98.30 as 100%
other problem i thought was same issue holding 30mph right pain in ass
like i wana say surging diff to hold steady slow pace
end up using cruise controle most time as it dont like hold 30 this been like this from delivery

who in uk doing rs2e north east uk pref

Sounds like a fueling issue - they don't do that out of the crate.

RS2E is a template map - you send the ECU and Throttle to Germany, they modify it and send it back. They were doing subcontract work for Alpha, but I expect that it wasn't making Alpha much money as most people found out it was them and bypassed Alpha.

Back