S1000RR 2020 - Tracktoy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First trackday with the new toy today. Due to some rain late afternoon only did 4 sessions.
The electronics package (M RCK) will need some time to find the perfect setting, but pretty much out-of-the-box it already feels quite right.
Next weekend we have a 2 day event, so planning to program the 4 settings (rain, intermediate, dry1 and Dry2) almost identical but with some little differences to quickly be able to feel the difference in settings. Today I've been playing mainly with engine brake settings, TC did not need much tweaking. Never felt TC intervene, so must be good :p
Absolutely want to test the different levels of wheelycontrol. Was on level 4 which allows small wheelies without cutting power much.
Split throttle bodies is also something I want to test, no idea what to expect from it.

Suspension was ok'ish, but needs some adjusting. I was pushing a bit on the brakes to get a feel of stability under heavy braking, lifted the rear a bit too much and chose the gravel instead of trying to turn in. Three clicks more on compression fixed that, but it's still running a bit to wide under heavy acceleration ... guess it will take another few trackdays to get it completely to my liking. But can't complain, has been more than 7 months since my last trackday, completely new bike ... and lapped only 1,5 second slower than my regular pace at that track.
Great! Looking forward hearing more news and feedback.

Are you changing settings yourself or do you have a mechanic with you?

Great! Looking forward hearing more news and feedback.

Are you changing settings yourself or do you have a mechanic with you?
All by myself :)
Know my way a bit with suspension and electronics.

Re: alpha Racing

Leaking calipers ... check! Bike only has 500km
They will be swapped for Beringers, but will be sending them back to be exchanged for non-leaking ones.

Good luck with that, my dealer insisted I bring the bike to them and leave it ?for a few hours? to prove that the calipers leak.
I have replaced mine with Brembo GP4RX but I want the Hayes calipers replaced for when I sell the bike.
Hopefully your dealer is more understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey Woke

whats your experience with GPS ? Did you mount it in front as per Alpha instructions ? How accurate is it ?

Mine didnt work well in front, altho I have a clear screen. Many times it couldn't figure out laps and was just merging them together.

I ended up relocating it to the back. Will see how it goes next week.

IMG-20200604-205540.jpg

I also have it in the back in the tailunit.
Behind the dash does not work accurate ;-)

Inside tailunit ? Works good ?
Yep, almost completely in the back of the seat. It?s just fibreglass so gps signal goes through.
I left the gps support bracket on the dash to protect the connectors a bit in case of a crash.

Also just installed the 2d suspension sensors today.

Yep, almost completely in the back of the seat. It?s just fibreglass so gps signal goes through.
I left the gps support bracket on the dash to protect the connectors a bit in case of a crash.

Also just installed the 2d suspension sensors today.

Well, you would argue that GPS signal should go through a clear windscreen as well, wouldnt you ? I will try to hide in the tail like you did, will see how it goes.

I still need to install rear sensor, as I run Mupo shock I had to find a proper mounting bracket for the bottom of it.

How do you reset suspension sensors in C125 ? Via software or via combination of buttons on left handlebar ?

Yep, bizarre it does not work too great when mounted behind the dash.
Maybe some interference due to the wiring? The guy that installed my loom knew from experience that it would have bad reception and directly went with the tail.
Resetting sensors is done using the buttons on the left. Top button (think it's white) combined with the + button (for front sensor) or - button (for rear sensor)

Already had to replace brake pads :)
Was using the Beringer R2, will now test the R7. Should be a bit less aggressive.
Did almost 250km with a set and they were completely gone (but kept performing).
The bike is also a bit faster on the straight compared to my 2013.

With the 2013 I normally had 245km/h (GPS) on the straight of Mettet.
The 2020 manages 260km/h, so needs a bit harder braking.
That is entering the straight at about 60 km/h, then accelerating to 260km/h, and then braking to enter the left turn at about 70 km/h
BTW, the straight is 609 metres so it is pretty intense :anonymous:

Yep, bizarre it does not work too great when mounted behind the dash.
Maybe some interference due to the wiring? The guy that installed my loom knew from experience that it would have bad reception and directly went with the tail.
Resetting sensors is done using the buttons on the left. Top button (think it's white) combined with the + button (for front sensor) or - button (for rear sensor)

Thank you

Today a wet day at Spa Francorchamps ? Ideal to get better with the new bike.
I disabled the split throttlebodies setup and like it better this way. Was running them for the past 3 trackdays and it did not convince me. It feels more direct without split TB?s. Practically killed a new Dunlop KR393 in 20 laps ? but managed to set the 10th fastest time of the day.

It?s a beast! Got the rear spinning in the straight on multiple occasions. And finally am getting the suspension setup okay with the help of the suspension sensors. Will be back for a hopefully dry rematch the 10th of August.

Today a wet day at Spa Francorchamps ? Ideal to get better with the new bike.
I disabled the split throttlebodies setup and like it better this way. Was running them for the past 3 trackdays and it did not convince me. It feels more direct without split TB?s. Practically killed a new Dunlop KR393 in 20 laps ? but managed to set the 10th fastest time of the day.

It?s a beast! Got the rear spinning in the straight on multiple occasions. And finally am getting the suspension setup okay with the help of the suspension sensors. Will be back for a hopefully dry rematch the 10th of August.

Are you staying one more day?

I finished the day 9th :))

Last edited:
Did GPS work fine on your bike? I was unable to make mine work whatever I tried, even remounted it on top of tail.

If yours worked, can I ask you to upload data from one session to Dropbox or something ? I can pm you my email

Last edited:
Are you staying one more day?

I finished the day 9th :))
Nope, work today and Zandvoort on monday :)
You?re Vlad? Was on my way to catch ninth place but got blackflagged for noise 3rd lap of the last stint. You beat me by 0,17sec :)

Hope you get a dry one today!

Did GPS work fine on your bike? I was unable to make mine work whatever I tried, even remounted it on top of tail.

If yours worked, can I ask you to upload data from one session to Dropbox or something ? I can pm you my email
Nope, did not work but in logging the reception is fine. So in the analysis software I did a small offset of the marker and tadaa ... laps and track showing up in the soft.

Guess the markers by default in their setup are off, or the trackwidth setup in the dashconfig is setup too narrow.

Nope, work today and Zandvoort on monday :)
You?re Vlad? Was on my way to catch ninth place but got blackflagged for noise 3rd lap of the last stint. You beat me by 0,17sec :)

Hope you get a dry one today!
Yes I am. I think I saw your bike, you were in group B ?

Looks dry today, hopefully get some decent times today.

Yes I am. I think I saw your bike, you were in group B ?

Looks dry today, hopefully get some decent times today.

Yep, no idea why they put me there. Registered for A, was at the combo white tent and dunlop tent just before the db check

Yep, no idea why they put me there. Registered for A, was at the combo white tent and dunlop tent just before the db check

I was following you few times then. you were too brave overtaking people in wet. It was my first proper day on wets, so I was gentle in the begining.

I got blackflagged for noise today, Akra + baffle. Just re-tested and they are ok with level. Speeds are higher today, have to watch out for that microphone now...

Back