S1000RR 2020 - Tracktoy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, course is postponed :-(
The bike is almost ready, everything is on it, only thing left is the suspension (cartridges & ttx), but these will be installed tomorrow.
Now waiting for corona to end ...

The bike is almost ready, everything is on it, only thing left is the suspension (cartridges & ttx), but these will be installed tomorrow.

Did you install M RCK yourself ? was it difficult ?

Did you install M RCK yourself ? was it difficult ?
The level of detail in the manual is really bad, and if you fit it as they say it's a pain in the ass to change the airfilter since the loom is blocking it.
I had it installed by the guy who did the BMW EWC Team bikes

The level of detail in the manual is really bad, and if you fit it as they say it's a pain in the ass to change the airfilter since the loom is blocking it.
I had it installed by the guy who did the BMW EWC Team bikes
Thats cheating [emoji1787][emoji1787]

- Alex

Looks like Germany is re-opened now, I guess Alpha is too ?

image.png

alpha Racing

alpha Racing?s mail order parts department never closed and they?ve been processing orders throughout.

Crap, on that note I just remembered they do oem parts...

...edit or maybe not anymore??

- Alex

Last edited:
Been a bit busy due to corona-stuff, but today they are re-opening tracks here in Belgium :)
Next friday the first test/trackday is booked and the weatherforecast looks great :)
IMG-3286.jpg

IMG-3287.jpg

IMG-3290.png

Nice! Looks amazing...just dont forget ur chain lol

Will be fitted this evening, needed a longer chain to move the rear-wheel a bit further to the back.
Will be running 16 front and 43/44/45 rear.
Ideally distance between swingarm pivot and rear-axle is between 605 & 617mm, so needed a few links extra (standard is 120 links)

First trackday with the new toy today. Due to some rain late afternoon only did 4 sessions.
The electronics package (M RCK) will need some time to find the perfect setting, but pretty much out-of-the-box it already feels quite right.
Next weekend we have a 2 day event, so planning to program the 4 settings (rain, intermediate, dry1 and Dry2) almost identical but with some little differences to quickly be able to feel the difference in settings. Today I've been playing mainly with engine brake settings, TC did not need much tweaking. Never felt TC intervene, so must be good :p
Absolutely want to test the different levels of wheelycontrol. Was on level 4 which allows small wheelies without cutting power much.
Split throttle bodies is also something I want to test, no idea what to expect from it.

Suspension was ok'ish, but needs some adjusting. I was pushing a bit on the brakes to get a feel of stability under heavy braking, lifted the rear a bit too much and chose the gravel instead of trying to turn in. Three clicks more on compression fixed that, but it's still running a bit to wide under heavy acceleration ... guess it will take another few trackdays to get it completely to my liking. But can't complain, has been more than 7 months since my last trackday, completely new bike ... and lapped only 1,5 second slower than my regular pace at that track.

Back