S1000RR 2020 - Tracktoy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoKe

Reaction score
Picked up my new s1k 2020 yesterday (with a van). Since it’s a tracktoy I requested a plate for one day and had the ambitious plan to break-in the engine today. Goal was to put 500km on the odo and nearly got there.
Had to stop at 420km to make it in time at the dealer for it’s first service and to remove the restrictions :)

It was a f***ing cold day ... left this morning at -1 degrees so first put the tirewarmers on to get some heat in them. Then left for the Flemish Ardennes ...

Anyway, job done and my butt is sore :)
And meanwhile got a notification from Alpha that the rest (I guess the RCK Pro) has been shipped. Let the build begin :)

Btw, if anyone is after oem fairings, headlight, etc ... let me know! I have the grey version and won’t need that stuff anymore :)

F0-BEFC57-A3-A3-46-C9-893-D-D6-E4-D6-B53305.jpg

Congrats man and post photos of your build process! I'm very curious how RCK looks like and how easy to fit it.

Congrats man and post photos of your build process! I'm very curious how RCK looks like and how easy to fit it.

Its a complete loom replacement, easy enough to do. I've done a few RCK Pro kits on the Gen3's.

It is going to be epic with the M pack. The split throttle bodies is going to be very very nice.

I never seen a loom in my life, hence curious how does it fit.

You need to strip bike, leave engine in but remove airbox and all bodywork, ECU, lights, clocks etc.
Every single wire on the bike will be removed, including injector wires (engine loom)
Fit the new loom which will eliminate all light connections, side stand and original switchgear and other anciliary stuff.
On the Gen 3 you needed to replace the Q Shifter are the Race loom doesn't reach it, either that or you are splicing a brand new loom.

Take plenty pictures on strip down.

Once in and bike up and running, then try to get your head around the RCK Settings, lol, have fun......

Re: alpha Racing

Leaking calipers ... check! Bike only has 500km
They will be swapped for Beringers, but will be sending them back to be exchanged for non-leaking ones.

Re: alpha Racing

The stripping of the bike has started ... this saturday the RCK Pro loom will be installed by my mechanic (while I'm skiing in Switzerland :tennis:)
Also weighted the bike when it's still completely stock with a half-full tank.
193 Kg, curious to find out how much we will shave off when done

Once in and bike up and running, then try to get your head around the RCK Settings, lol, have fun......

i'd be taking a trip to germany and investing the £300 or so for the course they do if i had the gen4. gen3 RCK is pretty straight forward though :)

i'd be taking a trip to germany and investing the £300 or so for the course they do if i had the gen4. gen3 RCK is pretty straight forward though :)

I registered for that course at Alpha on the 18th of March :tennis:
Still have to decide if I'm going to fly or just drive to get there ... about 800 km one-way

deffo be intersting and worthwhile to do if your into that kind of thing,i spend more looking at data etc than i do on my bike :)

Nice! Looking forward for your feedback

haha i'm not doing it,i'm on a lowly gen3 so know prett much most things about the rck for that 1,the gen 4 though needs a bit more expertise to set up,understand it better.

I registered for that course at Alpha on the 18th of March :tennis:
Still have to decide if I'm going to fly or just drive to get there ... about 800 km one-way

Was the course postponed ?

How is your build going on ? Did you install M Kit yet ?

Back