Classic Muscle Bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Sometimes I feel like adding a Classic Muscle Bike to my garage, something not too expensive but something that has presence and some history. I'm thinking something like a year 2000 Yamaha XJR1300 SP or Suzuki GSX1400.

What do you reckon, anyone had experience of these bikes or own them?

The xjr is a nice bike to tip around on. You can nearly feel each piston at low revs but push on abit and the weight shows up. 30 mpg. Very comfortable

Thanks guys, think later on this year I’m going to get one to add to the garage. Plus my 8 year old daughter is beginning to show a lot of interest in motorcycles and I’ve never taken her on the back of my RR’s. So this other bike could be the perfect one to take her on some ride outs :)

I also like the look of the BMW R nineT, but then I’d have to spend a lot more as I’m planning a budget of roughly £4K.

Ducati Diavel or a Hayabusa, Aprilia Tuono V4 R might be worth a thought too

Also, consider a 2-3 year old low mileage bike where the depreciation has made a big whole in the price of the bike, take your £4K, put it a savings account and get a loan for the whole bike. Drip feed the repayment of the loan with your £4K each month, when it runs out, sell the bike, you ought to get most of your £4K bike if you choose a bike that depreciates a little and you don’t do too many miles.

Money is cheap to borrow for the next few years, take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Guess it depends what your intended use would be and what category you’d be interested in.

For cruisers, something like a Triumph Rocket 3 or a Ducati Diavel/X-Diavel perhaps?

For hyperbike types, maybe keep an eye out for a K1300S? @soofsayer had a K1300S recently and thoroughly enjoyed it

Back