venture shield or xpel?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reply to email

Yes that’s the cost, It takes 2 days to complete the bike, Its quite complex install.

errr thanks but no thanks bud...

That fella must be dreaming mate. I had my car professionally detailed and ceramic coated for less than half that and it took 3 days, when you consider how much more panel surface area and cost of materials a car would take I got no idea how he has arrived at that figure for a bike ??????

I think that guy was quoting a detail and ppf. Even so it is a crazy price. I got ventureshield fitted to my HP4 when I bought it new and I think it was around £150 from the dealer and lasted the 4 years of my ownership with zero issues.

So I think I have worked out why it’s so god damn expensive.... got the response from more local company

Hi Marc

I've checked the Xpel DAP where all the plots are and unfortunately there isn't a pattern for your new bike.

Sorry we're unable to help you out.

Hope you find someone who can help you.

Kind Regards

Nigel

so this other company needs to do some r and d for it as pattern doesn’t exist...

A lot of wrap places cut the wrap on the vehicle (which can be a bit of a problem if they are not careful).

I would get a ventureshield kit fitted, job jobbed.

I bought a venture shield kit for my gixer and applied it myself a couple of years ago. It left a few areas I wanted to still do so just bought it by the sheet and cut it myself.
It's easy enough to do.

Just ordered the tank kit for the Gen3 from Chip Guard UK. How did you get on with fitting @oldwobbler ?

i was hoping on getting some fit whilst it was still at bmw. this is the response from a company in telford.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Yes we do Motorcycles and I've just checked and we do have the computer pattern for your bike already.

For our complete fairing package we charge £295.00 plus vat, or to include the tank we charge £380.00 plus vat.

This is using Xpel Ultimate plus PPF which comes with a 7 year warranty.

Installation will take 2 days.

If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment then it would be great to hear back from you.

Kindest regards

Hi there I've just picked my gen 4 up and searched for posts regarding paint protection and came across yours could you supply contact details of the company in Telford please.

Hi there I've just picked my gen 4 up and searched for posts regarding paint protection and came across yours could you supply contact details of the company in Telford please.

sorry, cant remember. i just went with the venture shield in the end as i wanted it fit before leaving the shop.

Back