venture shield or xpel?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone used the xpel paint protection. ive used venture shield for years and all ways fit my own, just fancied a change and after thoughts on the xpel?

cheers

I put xpel on my one when i got it in 2016. First time I've ever used PPF so can't compare directly to venture shield, but i have no complaints about it. Was a chore putting it on, but I guess any of them will be. There isn't a mark on it anywhere, and is doing its job great. Only place its lifted is in a couple of very small creases on front mud guard, but that is at points where I struggled to get the creases out when fitting. I would certainly put it on another bike, but, next time I will likely try and get it fitted by a professional, just because I'm lazy!

I’m in two minds about to even get this... but def see the benefits. Have u got a date yet r25sti??
Least it will come with a tracker!

I’m in two minds about to even get this... but def see the benefits. Have u got a date yet r25sti??
Least it will come with a tracker!

no date as yet, im going to give them a call tomorrow. i did ask them over there about venture shield and the said they can get someone in to do it. ive all ways fit it and feel its as important as a rad guard to me. i ride with quite a few other sports bikes with stone flicking sticky tyres. :)

I put xpel on my one when i got it in 2016. First time I've ever used PPF so can't compare directly to venture shield, but i have no complaints about it. Was a chore putting it on, but I guess any of them will be. There isn't a mark on it anywhere, and is doing its job great. Only place its lifted is in a couple of very small creases on front mud guard, but that is at points where I struggled to get the creases out when fitting. I would certainly put it on another bike, but, next time I will likely try and get it fitted by a professional, just because I'm lazy!

ive all ways fit my own venture shield and am getting quite good at it, just fancied the xpel but as its more money thought i would get a pro on it. :)

Never heard of xpel but see that www.glosppf.co.uk are experts and based in cheltenham....
if u do get dealer to fit it might qualify for forum discount.....

They look like they only do cars but I’ve messaged asking the question if they do bikes.....will keep u posted

Had a response... he’s asked for more info and will check the database.... gonna be cheeky and see what best would be if we could get some volume orders....

i was hoping on getting some fit whilst it was still at bmw. this is the response from a company in telford.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Yes we do Motorcycles and I've just checked and we do have the computer pattern for your bike already.

For our complete fairing package we charge £295.00 plus vat, or to include the tank we charge £380.00 plus vat.

This is using Xpel Ultimate plus PPF which comes with a 7 year warranty.

Installation will take 2 days.

If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment then it would be great to hear back from you.

Kindest regards

Last edited:
I just got this and fell off my chair!!

I’m Oliver the Detailing and PPF manager at GVE London.

That’s a very nice bike you’ve got. We offer a XPEL PPF custom kit for Superbikes; We recently did a Ducati V4 full PPF kit.

Came out very nice, Customer was very happy.

When the bike came in, We cleaned the bikes paintwork and wheels via steam cleaning and pressure washer. Once that stage we complete we then machine polished the body to a high shine, Which also removes swirl marks and impurities.

Once my detailing team are happy with the paintwork we then apply a custom design PPF pattern for your BMW S1000RR.

The cost for the Full Kit is £2,100 + VAT. Which £350 of that is the Prep work.

The time taken is typically 2 days to complete.

If you are happy to go ahead, A small deposit of £250 is required to confirm our next available slot.

I just got this and fell off my chair!!

I’m Oliver the Detailing and PPF manager at GVE London.

That’s a very nice bike you’ve got. We offer a XPEL PPF custom kit for Superbikes; We recently did a Ducati V4 full PPF kit.

Came out very nice, Customer was very happy.

When the bike came in, We cleaned the bikes paintwork and wheels via steam cleaning and pressure washer. Once that stage we complete we then machine polished the body to a high shine, Which also removes swirl marks and impurities.

Once my detailing team are happy with the paintwork we then apply a custom design PPF pattern for your BMW S1000RR.

The cost for the Full Kit is £2,100 + VAT. Which £350 of that is the Prep work.

The time taken is typically 2 days to complete.

If you are happy to go ahead, A small deposit of £250 is required to confirm our next available slot.

they have put the , in the wrong place or live on a different planet to me. :)

hiya, just my 2 cents worth....

i have had 2 motorbikes PPF'd using XPEL by professional outfit - total cost was around the 300 quid mark. (each)

well worth it imo - helps to keep the paintwork tip top, reduces stone chips / scratches and also makes it a lot easier to wash/clean.

Last edited:
He called me about an hour ago.... obviously very keen. I said I haven’t had chance to review the email yet (didn’t wanna day I was in shock!) jist emailed him to confirm price because 2100 seems very excessive lol

He called me about an hour ago.... obviously very keen. I said I haven’t had chance to review the email yet (didn’t wanna day I was in shock!) jist emailed him to confirm price because 2100 seems very excessive lol

He will be keen at that price. Replacement panels would be cheaper.

Back