Latest on fitting full Akra.. any warning codes/lights?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edd1e

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just about to order a full Akrapovic which I plan on fitting myself. Anything I need to know first? I've done some searching and seen some people say it throws an error code and light on dashboard and others saying it does not.

From what i've seen the fueling seems pretty spot on too with the standard map due to the wide band sensors.

Worth purchasing the exhaust valve eliminator plug?

Cheers guys.

I'm just about to order a full Akrapovic which I plan on fitting myself. Anything I need to know first? I've done some searching and seen some people say it throws an error code and light on dashboard and others saying it does not.

From what i've seen the fueling seems pretty spot on too with the standard map due to the wide band sensors.

Worth purchasing the exhaust valve eliminator plug?

Cheers guys.

I didnt install myself, but as far as Im aware no issues at all. no errors or warnings either.

you only need it if you intend to remove the servo motor box itself, otherwise just disconnect the wire off it.

I disconnected the wires off my servo (back in October). It has now started throwing servo error codes, don't know why.

Re: Akrapovic

The latest Akrapovic full race systems for the Gen 4 are now supplied with a servo motor limitator. Fitting it avoids any warning codes or lights. See the schematic (Parts #35-38) and installation instructions linked below.

https://d1sfhav1wboke3.cloudfront.n...85a-69e3-4beb-bd22-009b27b56810_Generated.pdf

https://d1sfhav1wboke3.cloudfront.n...0637/2b8cb99c-a02d-4b38-909b-15616c0d63d6.pdf

That's fantastic info, thank you.

I asssume if i end up with an earlier system that does not have the servo eliminator.. a Healtech one should hopefully do fine.

Akrapovic

I bought my Akrapovic full race system ages ago in anticipation of my Gen 4 being delivered. Months later Calsport sent me an email stating that Akrapovic were now including Parts #35-38 with all new systems. They then supplied them free of charge. I would just contact Calsport who will be able to supply you with the additional parts for little or no cost.

Re: Akrapovic

Either way it's fine I think.

If it comes with the bracket from Akrapovic it can stay in place OR i can get the Healtech eliminator and remove the whole lot like you say.

Thanks all.

Servo Buddy

If you go for the servo buddy option it just means you can completely remove the servo motor from the bike. The Akrapovic kit just allows you to remove part of it and avoids the fault codes.

Fit the Akro, Remove cables from servo and fit the lock in the servo that is provided by Akro.
Leave servo motor plugged in.
Job done
No errors.
AFR on the bike I did was spot on with no other mods required.

Akrapovic

If the servo lock isn’t supplied in the box with your exhaust system then the part number needed to order the kit from an Akrapovic dealer is P-HF1218 and the cost is around £12.

Back