Ride Modes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perkles

Reaction score
What ride mode do you generally use when on the road and can you really feel a difference between each mode ?

User for me too, as it’s completely customisable.
I personally never use any of the default modes, just alter the DTC (traction control) as and when necessary

Thanks I am bit to nervous to start messing with settings at the moment

Don’t be, they can always be returned to default and we’re all happy to help [emoji846]

Try the standard modes: rain, sport and race first, as that illustrates the sort of differences you get between modes. Then have a play with User mode

Generally sport mode for me, with personal suspension settings. Yes is the answer to noticing the difference between modes. I had a brisk 100 mile non motorway ride today to and from Bahnstormers - principally to sample the latest range of chocolate biscuits! I played with different modes on the hoof and the differences were reaffirmed. I have not had the bike long enough to experiment much but I know I will be ending up with user mode as my default mode come the better weather. The new Michelin Power 5 arrived this morning so, wheel out in the morning and over to my local man for tyre change then bed in and hope for a bout of extended dry roads.

User mode for me when commuting:

Suspension: sports
ABS: sports
Engine: slick
DTC: slick

Sports mode is too sedate (plus anti-wheelie) whereas Race/Slick knock fillings loose on our sh*t roads. Rain mode? GTFO.

User mode for me when commuting:

Suspension: sports
ABS: sports
Engine: slick
DTC: slick

Sports mode is too sedate (plus anti-wheelie) whereas Race/Slick knock fillings loose on our sh*t roads. Rain mode? GTFO.
cheers i am going to try those settings :love-struck:

That is a good setting, pretty much how I had mine for road use and then slick on track, when using slicks.

You really don't want slick on the road, it makes the suspension much too hard and the traction control levels are unsuitable for road use, it's called slick for a reason.

Back