S1000rr newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countcatula

Reaction score
Hi all

After much deliberation and angst... I have decided to come to the dark side and buy a S1000rr m pack. I have the Triumph Daytona 765 Moto 2 GP on order so will need to cancel this with the dealer.

I currently own a Triumph Daytona 675r 2015 and don't know whether to p/x it, sell it or keep it.

It has been a tough decision to make, but am sure that someone else will benefit from my order cancellation.

I am currently working my way through this forum and reading all of the posts about the new s1000rr.... Hoping to gain some info from you guys and gals about owning such a beast.

It is due week 15, second week in April and is still specification amendable, is there anything I should be adding?

Thanks in advance
Cat

d67d2ef8e09fe2a33c9f604dfc33c3df.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Welcome Cat!
Great choice...mines arriving 1st week of March but collecting 3rd April as I've got 12 days off work to put some miles in. Lots of info and really knowledgeable people on this forum.
Def look into the membership side of things...if you are looking at extras we def have two dealers on board for parts discount.
Highly recommend the engine and rad covers...go for the seat instead of the cowl because buying the cowl is cheaper on its own. And I opted for alarm, SOS and High tinted OE screen.

Look forward to chatting with you on the forums.

PS What part of world are you from?

Welcome Cat!
Great choice...mines arriving 1st week of March but collecting 3rd April as I've got 12 days off work to put some miles in. Lots of info and really knowledgeable people on this forum.
Def look into the membership side of things...if you are looking at extras we def have two dealers on board for parts discount.
Highly recommend the engine and rad covers...go for the seat instead of the cowl because buying the cowl is cheaper on its own. And I opted for alarm, SOS and High tinted OE screen.

Look forward to chatting with you on the forums.

PS What part of world are you from?
Hi, and thanks for the welcome and info. I did get the pillion pack, but at the moment that is my only extra.... Was contemplating the dark screen but assume it is better to get it after, so then I have both screens. The bike I saw today was dripping in carbon, and like the huggers, side tank and chain guard in carbon. Really sets it off as premium. With regards to the sets etc.. they may come later when I have more cash lol.

As a matter of interest what was the cost of rear cowl?

Was gutted, as bought the bike and then was just getting leathers on to ride the bike and they can back and said it hasn't been run in so couldn't!!!

I live in the Lincolnshire Wolds and my home track days are at Cadwell as I live 4 miles away!

Sorry I'm just at work at the moment and if your name doesn't go green by time I get home I'll change it then unless one of the other mods can assist in the main time.
Carbons lush...but pricey. The cowl I know was a 2-300 quid but this is on my list to purchase. Lots of screen options and some threads in the Gen 4 section..... happy reading!

Sorry I'm just at work at the moment and if your name doesn't go green by time I get home I'll change it then unless one of the other mods can assist in the main time.
Carbons lush...but pricey. The cowl I know was a 2-300 quid but this is on my list to purchase. Lots of screen options and some threads in the Gen 4 section..... happy reading!
Thanks a lot, you have made me feel welcome and can't wait to be a contributor to the forum.

Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike. April sounds about perfect for delivery / weather.

Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike. April sounds about perfect for delivery / weather.
Cheers, it was only a few weeks after I was supposed to be taking delivery of the new Daytona 765 Moto 2 GP... Now just need to get dipper back on that

Hi count. Welcome in, not been here long myself. I'm over on the 675 site by the same name. Still go on there time to time as met some good guys doing events, but don't have a triumph anymore. I posted a pic of my M Sport on there.
Likes been said they're a great bunch and very helpful on here.

Hi count. Welcome in, not been here long myself. I'm over on the 675 site by the same name. Still go on there time to time as met some good guys doing events, but don't have a triumph anymore. I posted a pic of my M Sport on there.
Likes been said they're a great bunch and very helpful on here.
Cheers fella

Welcome mate and enjoy the forum.

Mick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back