2003 Gixxer 750

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All interesting stuff Stuart????
Just a thought about the black greasy stuff you mentioned on the coils!
The rubber sections on the bottom of the coils are there to keep muck and water out. They can stick sometimes, making the coils VERY difficult to remove. Not sure they?re like that on the Suzuki but they are on a lot of cars.
I once broke a coil because of this
problem. I used to smear a little rubber grease on ?em when I had my garage business ????
I never broke another coil after that. Just a thought????

All interesting stuff Stuart????
Just a thought about the black greasy stuff you mentioned on the coils!
The rubber sections on the bottom of the coils are there to keep muck and water out. They can stick sometimes, making the coils VERY difficult to remove. Not sure they?re like that on the Suzuki but they are on a lot of cars.
I once broke a coil because of this
problem. I used to smear a little rubber grease on ?em when I had my garage business ????
I never broke another coil after that. Just a thought????

Good call RR, but I'm a step ahead..I had bought some Dielectric Silicone Grease for that very use, it's clear, spreads and adheres great, engineered not to conduct electricity and is what should have been used on the stalks...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dielectr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

A small tin should last forever pretty much

Buttoned it back up tonight, had to triple check everything before I put those engine brackets back together and shoehorned the airbox back in...didn't fancy finding out I had left something off !...good news.... fired up instantly..[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just cracked open the users manual...the Notice inside made me laugh...reasonable and prudent manner .. but of course! Qaulified operator [emoji33]

5c63a37af938ebe80790cbefbc4841d5.jpg
bf8802ccb5ec0220470660f2732e5ce3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back