2003 Gixxer 750

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of budget you talking Stu? A fellow I used to work with is selling his, down in Ayr. Don't think its very old though, but sounds well sorted for the track. I'll check when I'm on my lunch break tonight. I can't access the book of faces from my work computer to get the details just now. From memory it has kit harness/ecu and fancy suspension etc.

What sort of budget you talking Stu? A fellow I used to work with is selling his, down in Ayr. Don't think its very old though, but sounds well sorted for the track. I'll check when I'm on my lunch break tonight. I can't access the book of faces from my work computer to get the details just now. From memory it has kit harness/ecu and fancy suspension etc.
Kenny I'm looking at mibe 3 to 4k... need to see if it's my thing... 11k is ok for a pure track geezer but I'm not... I just know I need to try stay off the roads for a bit .. so... plenty decent 3 to 4k machines I can buy wheels, tyres, brakes for see how I go... btw...then its how do you get to THE ONLY track thats 100 miles away ! Van, trailer £££££... easy option A82, 85,86... nirvana ! So its a trade off...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Get that R1, its nearly been 10days...

- Alex
It's a 5 hour drive in a rickety transit van..... heres what Phil sussed out today... and this bike wanted for nothing !.... apparently....
62d8ce08dc7dcf4ed55b9212bb27c346.jpg
c1153d446ade264161db968ccd80de92.jpg
701474401200968bf16865269da7e869.jpg
59b4ed4a94ff58d266da78f680defc9c.jpg
5989521f7f601b875cde10792a9d21c5.jpg
a25f36cfb42cdb8c9d03d309ecbbe89a.jpg
7efa11c691ac3a9b33da1e9255da6f9d.jpg

Kenny I'm looking at mibe 3 to 4k... need to see if it's my thing... 11k is ok for a pure track geezer but I'm not... I just know I need to try stay off the roads for a bit .. so... plenty decent 3 to 4k machines I can buy wheels, tyres, brakes for see how I go... btw...then its how do you get to THE ONLY track thats 100 miles away ! Van, trailer £££££... easy option A82, 85,86... nirvana ! So its a trade off...

The ZX the fellow I know is selling is newer than I thought, but looks a good bike, but way over what your budgeting for.

Don't blame you for wanting a break from the roads. Was reading earlier about average speed camera's getting installed down you private race tracks around Tyndrum/Crianlarich.

Personally, I'd go with a van. I would be lost without mine. Bought it primarily for crossers, over 10 years ago. No crossers in the shed these days, but I wouldn't be without a van these days. I very rarely use my cars. Only drive my XC60 when going away on mainland trips with the mrs, and the other cars are just toys, same as the bikes. Just reaised earlier I've got a different vehicle on the road for each day of the week.

Last edited:

Worth having a track bike for just a couple of euro trips a year mate. Once you get yourself on one you’ll be hooked.
You’ll get a good track bike for your budget and more than enough to have fun on, just need to bide your time.

You’ll get a decent blade for that money. Personally I’d stay away away from the 4C8 R1 (2007-08). I hated mines as a track bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ZX the fellow I know is selling is newer than I thought, but looks a good bike, but way over what your budgeting for.

Don't blame you for wanting a break from the roads. Was reading earlier about average speed camera's getting installed down you private race tracks around Tyndrum/Crianlarich.

Personally, I'd go with a van. I would be lost without mine. Bought it primarily for crossers, over 10 years ago. No crossers in the shed these days, but I wouldn't be without a van these days. I very rarely use my cars. Only drive my XC60 when going away on mainland trips with the mrs, and the other cars are just toys, same as the bikes. Just reaised earlier I've got a different vehicle on the road for each day of the week.

Where'd you read that article... nightmare when they start all that it takes any fun out of biking.

Did you get that Nissan btw ?

Worth having a track bike for just a couple of euro trips a year mate. Once you get yourself on one you’ll be hooked.
You’ll get a good track bike for your budget and more than enough to have fun on, just need to bide your time.

You’ll get a decent blade for that money. Personally I’d stay away away from the 4C8 R1 (2007-08). I hated mines as a track bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats exactly what it's for mate...and if I buy a decent bike I can sell it on if I don't gel or have the time.

It was on a facebook page, something along the lines of A82 road watch. Average cameras on a road like that will cause more accidents! Lorries doing 40, vans doing 50 and cars getting frustrated and overtaking in dodgy places. But at least the government can fine people for trying to go about there business.

Got the car, I'm delighted with it. I'll stick a few photos up when I get home from work in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Don't do FB but I'll google it... that's a road I'm on every weekend during the season !... convinces me even more a track bike is a good option....sounds good mate.. a great wee win.

https://a82-a85road.info/ between Lix Toll and Tyndrum.. it's a fast stretch but has mostly good visibility hmmmm....

Last edited:
A mate selling this. Over your budget stu, but might be of interest to somebody else on the forum. I'm not overly clued up but sounds like a good spec, and knowing the fellow it will of wanted for nothing. He has replaced it with an R1.

EDIT... Photo won't upload cause my internet is pish. Its a 2014 zx10 track bike, he asking £7k for it

Last edited:
Kenny...Just agreed to buy a 2004 C1 of a guy in Hemel Hempstead of all places, nipping down Friday to pay for it and get it back up the road... low miles, 2 owners... hope its as good as pics show etc...[emoji849]

Back