Official BMW Akra full system

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines going back into Dave this Saturday. Interesting to see if any improvements on the 199 at the moment.
Have to say it was enjoyable on track the other day, if I came out onto the straight now further than 6 bike lengths ehind I new they were toast half way down the straight. Didn't matter what bike it was they were done for :excitement:

So I've now been told by the dealer I went to that there is "no such thing" as an approved BMW full system, although one might come towards the end of this year. And so everything I've seen is aftermarket, will need an ECU re-flash, and will invalidate warranty.

Really wish I'd get some consistent messages between dealers.

No need to flash the ECU, it works very well thanks to the wide band lambda sensors the ECU adapts

Yep, that seems to be the accepted wisdom. But being told that it would need a flash by a dealer is just another one of their random factoids showing they actually know nothing. I'm really losing all confidence in the Motorrad dealers. I've visited a few new and the nonsense I've been told is absurd.

Had a great dry day at donnington Park last Tuesday and the remapped bike is blisteringly fast out of the corners I left my mate in a remapped gen 3 for dead with the carbon wheels the bike turns into and out of corners tighter and quicker. All that power is definitely useable but my suspension needs some expert input. To begin with the front end was bottoming out so I had to wind on some more preload which helped. In race pro it was set to minimal wheelies which is a lie as every time I hit 9k revs the front end lifted. Short shifting sorts the problem and keeps the power down on the track

Have you had any problems since your remap? Took mine to Snetterton yesterday and on the sighting laps it went into a kind of safe mode and is running like a misfire or coil pack has failed. Going into BMW today and hoping theres no drama relating to warranty or the map. Thoughts appreciated.

Not disrespecting Dave wood I'm sure he does a great job mapping the bikes but his dyno is very generous. Unrealistic gains going off stock figures. In my experience dyno pro dyno's do read slightly high. Dynojet will read lower. I would take the figures with a pinch of salt what's important is the gains. Got a great insight from when I had my 2017 gsxr 1000 l7 flashed. He showed me the initial run and the final run. There was 38 runs in total giving total clarity in the work he did. Some tuners just hand out big hp sheets and people get blinkered. He had another gsxr race bike that was tuned by another dyno centre and claimed 195 Bhp at the wheel. Put it on his and it made 178. Says it all really.

Hi
Have you had any issues since re map mine went from perfect running to engine warning on dash and sounding like running on two cylinders. BMW uninstalled the DW map but its still the same and they dont seem to have a clue what the issue is.

I had the same issue with mine. Mine is still standard exhaust and map. It turned out to be the coils which BMW replaced under warranty. Your remap would have had no bearing on that happening.

Hi
Have you had any issues since re map mine went from perfect running to engine warning on dash and sounding like running on two cylinders. BMW uninstalled the DW map but its still the same and they dont seem to have a clue what the issue is.

Official BMW Akra full system

I had the same issue with mine. Mine is still standard exhaust and map. It turned out to be the coils which BMW replaced under warranty. Your remap would have had no bearing on that happening

Back