Official BMW Akra full system

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HertsTif

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone here went for it and what is your thought on it? I like the idea of a full system that doesn't invalidate warranty or need ECU flashing.

Does it come stamped with "not for road use"?

Which model bike are you talking about?

I have a new 2020 and I have an Akrapovic Evo header to put on when it is derestricted, I also have the Moto GP short can, there are no 'not for highway use' stickers on the exhaust, there was a little red sticker in the packaging but I binned that immediately.

It will be loud, 112Db apparently, but mine is mainly for Euro track use, I will get a quieter can for UK days.

My understanding is the the Gen 4 will not actually 'need' mapping due to it using wideband O2 sensors and running in closed loop all the time, it essentially self adjusts the fuelling dynamically.

I expect I will get the ECU flashed when the developers get their stage 2 code sorted.

Sorry, should have said, I'm talking a new 2020 bike, with the official BMW Akra system from the accessories catalogue - which comes with the longer can and should be about 105/106dB without a baffle.

Good that you didn't have anything embossed on the exhaust, as the MGP end can is marked as not for road use on the website. Here's hoping the longer can doesn't provide enough room to have it etched all over the inside (like my Termi on another bike)

I have a full Akra race system on mine and to begin with it would cut out at low revs whilst stationary but as use increases it is learning and adjusting so much better. Apparently the fuelling is weak at low revs anyway which is amplified with a decat race system. Mine is in for remap at Dave Wood racing next week so will be interesting to see the difference. Parformance bikes got 11 bhp more with the Akra over stock. One things for sure all dynos seem to read differently. My remapped Gen 3 puts down 203.9 at the rear wheel (according to the dyno) it was 199 prior. make of that what you will !

Dave woods did mine back in November and was the only one he's done so far. Stock was 197 and 199 with full system. He got the lower end spot on. I'm back there a week Saturday where he's doing more to it. Hopefully he'll learn more from yours.

ECU Mapping

Crowe Performance is also using some form of ECU flashing system for Gen 4 bikes that don’t have the M RCK fitted.

Hi
Dave did mine yesterday and did a great job. Result with full Akra 233.3 bhp at the crank and 214.6 back wheel torque is incredible at 100.6 NM If you wondering that mullers the V4R I have the maps if anyone doubts it

Dave did mine yesterday 18th Feb and did a great job. Result with full Akra 233.3 bhp at the crank and 214.6 back wheel torque is incredible at 100.6 NM If you wondering that mullers the V4R I have the maps if anyone doubts it

Dave did mine yesterday 18th Feb and did a great job. Result with full Akra 233.3 bhp at the crank and 214.6 back wheel torque is incredible at 100.6 NM If you wondering that mullers the V4R I have the maps if anyone doubts it
Who is Dave?

Wow. huge figures! Can you actually put all that power and torque down though? Isn't there a risk of ruining the riding characteristics of the bike, making it more difficult to ride and therefore overall slower lap times?

Back