Grips

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
Wondering what are the best handlebar grips to buy any feed back or suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

They came with TGP throttle on Gen3 - and by far they are the best I've tried. I like the feeling for fat gas throttle

Looked around they all seem to be 22mm and closed ends not what I need I could not find any 28mm ones not sure if the s1000rr are different would not think so would not be the first time I was wrong thanks again for your reply.

I’ve never used aftermarket grips on my RR, but previously always used the Renthal Kevlar grips

Hi thanks to everyone who replied to the post bmw wanted over £100 for the gips and inner ie heated elements. Got original outer grips from Motorworks £22.

Just looked at my grips on my HP4, they're totally gubbed.. sure there is a thread on here about replacing them with info on the heating element.. think I'd like a soft grip, anyone got any recs...
7a11a5b8925632a1c8a55227d02701f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Just looked at my grips on my HP4, they're totally gubbed.. sure there is a thread on here about replacing them with info on the heating element.. think I'd like a soft grip, anyone got any recs..

I generally use Renthal Medium compound grips and they are very good. Renthal do offer a Soft compound but they do not last long at all. If you prefer to retain the OEM look then Ariete offer a close alternative.

With reference to fitting them with heated grips here is a useful thread.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11673-fitting-renthal-grips-on-a-17-with-heated-grips

I generally use Renthal Medium compound grips and they are very good. Renthal do offer a Soft compound but they do not last long at all. If you prefer to retain the OEM look then Ariete offer a close alternative.

With reference to fitting them with heated grips here is a useful thread.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11673-fitting-renthal-grips-on-a-17-with-heated-grips
Cheers Ryan, I just found that post, R25 had posted some great images, have asked some questions re the under wrap..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back