London MCN Motorcycle Show Feb 14th - 16th

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Anyone going?

I’ve booked tickets and will be taking my 8 year old daughter on the Sunday :)

Guys, I'll be driving there from the Midlands, what's parking like at the Excel? Will there be enough you reckon as I plan to get there for around 11am?

I'm busy working but I'll expect lots of pics of sexy bikes and women (not in that order) lol have a great day and try not to spend too much!

I'm busy working but I'll expect lots of pics of sexy bikes and women (not in that order) lol have a great day and try not to spend too much!

Haha, can't be taking any pics of women, my 8 year old daughter will be with me, she might go home and tell her Mummy and then I'm in the dog house lol

Guys, I'll be driving there from the Midlands, what's parking like at the Excel? Will there be enough you reckon as I plan to get there for around 11am?

The Excel centre has a lot of car parking (~3000 spaces for cars) but expect to pay 20-30 quid to park for the day. Bikes park for free for the MCN show but cars have to pay.

Park on a meter in the City, it should be free on Saturday and Sunday and take the Docklands Light Railway DLR to the venue, you pay with a debit card, tap in and tap out at the venue and your daughter goes free

That’s a good suggestion, thank you :)

If you park near Tower Gateway DLR station you can take a really interesting ride on a driverless train to the venue, you’ll have to make a couple of changes but a short 20 minute picturesque ride from The City out past the skyscrapers at Canary Wharf to the Excel centre.
I found this pre-paid weekend parking for £4.50 for the day next to St Catherine’s Dock/Tower Bridge and a 250m walk to Tower Gateway DLR station if you want to be really sure of finding somewhere to park.
https://secure-parking.co.uk/curren...ucm0hCfkf-TggA1FO0zNkRh65xPpp08oaAneTEALw_wcB

If you park near Tower Gateway DLR station you can take a really interesting ride on a driverless train to the venue, you’ll have to make a couple of changes but a short 20 minute picturesque ride from The City out past the skyscrapers at Canary Wharf to the Excel centre.
I found this pre-paid weekend parking for £4.50 for the day next to St Catherine’s Dock/Tower Bridge and a 250m walk to Tower Gateway DLR station if you want to be really sure of finding somewhere to park.
https://secure-parking.co.uk/curren...ucm0hCfkf-TggA1FO0zNkRh65xPpp08oaAneTEALw_wcB

That's a great idea! Your daughter can enjoy sitting up front in the DLR train - kids love it & some adults too :)

I am going on Sunday, staying overnight at a nearby hotel. Hopefully leave the car at the hotel during Sunday as it's sure to be cheaper than Excel parking.

That's a great idea! Your daughter can enjoy sitting up front in the DLR train - kids love it & some adults too :)

Thank you gentlemen, really appreciate this. I'm sure my daughter will enjoy that :)

I’ll be there early on Sunday morning for a couple of hours too. We should pick a stand and arrange to meet there at a certain time.

I Suggest the BMW UK stand next to the new K67 or 2019 S1000RR (I hope one will be on show) at 11:30 am?
Steve Wood aka Mr Smooth

Back