Ron Haslam Premier Plus

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600 quid... Jesus wept.. it must have took a chunk out the wee thing, what did you get for that, did the guy stitch on a new side or something !...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

lets just say I wasn’t there when the mrs took him in... back to track days, personally I can take them or leave them, uk whether and lack of spare time a big factor in that, try the Haslam course and if you enjoy it suggest you progress to Spanish track days

Just read JoePeps post...

It's good to hear all views actually.

As long as I get some reasonable track time and it's not pishing of rain (and no loose bolts) it'll be a new thing for me and probably take a good bit out of it...hopefully.. and I aint buying tyres lol..

As long as I get some reasonable track time and it's not pishing of rain (and no loose bolts) it'll be a new thing for me and probably take a good bit out of it...hopefully.. and I aint buying tyres lol..

Looking at my experience, the most important thing is to get max time on track, as when you're out for the first time, it takes awhile to adjust and actually understand whats happening in order to make rational decisions and enjoy the outcome.

Looking at my experience, the most important thing is to get max time on track, as when you're out for the first time, it takes awhile to adjust and actually understand whats happening in order to make rational decisions and enjoy the outcome.
Couldn't agree more !

That's a lot of money for less than half a days experience and little track time. If you don't own a bike then sure you get a bit more out of it but for my money I'd suggest a Jamie whittam day. It's based on 1 or 2 to1 based on numbers. You get the whole day as well. I did angelsey a few years ago first day I had tuition with Dan Linfoot and second day was a normal track day with about 30 riders on the event.
It's also run like a normal day with 3 groups of ability so you don't feel intimidated, then if you get the bug you'll know what to expect.

Honestly mate just book a normal trackday, you'll get loads more track time and experience from it and for no extra cost. Plus you know your own bike.
It won't cost you much in tyres until you start pushing hard, which won't be on your first day!!

I did a Ron Haslam day a few years ago, and wasn't overly impressed
Much preferred the Now Defunct California Superbike School
Did a James Whitham track day last year and a full day for £195 is well worth the money
Have to take your own bike though (although you can also hire a bike there as well)
Instructors are BSB riders like Dan Linfoot, Kyle Ryde, Taylor Mackenzie and Christian Iddon etc
Found they will give you as much advice as you want
Details of all the dates are listed here : https://www.jameswhitham.com
Will go again this year

I have also done a Whittam day at knockhill. Which I loved. As the lads are saying, you will get a lot more track time with Whittam, and meet some very well known racers. I was in the novice group, and had Whittham himself (think it was his first time back teaching after his cancer treatment) and Iddon as dedicated instructors for our group.

I'd never of had the confidence to take the BMW to knockhill, if I hadn't already done a couple of Haslam days. Although I have to admit, when I went and did the fire blade 1 to 1 with Haslam, I felt it lacked track time, and didn't gain a huge amount. The first couple of times I went on the 600s (second time was last minutes so couldn't get the blades) I felt I gained a lot.

It is convenient as well, as plenty flights from Scotland to East Midlands, and no hassle of taking helmet and leathers with you. Get it booked stu!

I'm hoping to get to another Whittham day this year, but don't know if I'll have the time.

Cheers for the above guys..... We're really limited up here track wise.... I've no real compulsion on doing the track thing, but kind of want to and feel its something I really should get into....the trade off as usual are our roads, it's just sooo easy to open my garage door and get right on it... but think I'll jump down...

Hi Stuart, if you’re looking to try an introduction to track riding with tuition available the BMW club days organised by Rob Bensley (@Bins) are good value at £150 for full day of 7 x 20 min sessions. They are at Cadwell & Snetterton which I know is not too close to you, but not much further than Donnington. There may be places available as Rob was hoping to make them 2 day events this year.

Last edited:
Hi Rob, yea they all sound good... It's getting my bike to these places...thats the big problem. Couple of other mates done Cadwell last year, was like a 6.5 hour drive.

Thats why the Haslam thing appealed.... nice run down on a Brand new Q7 too lol..

Hi Stuart, I know most tracks are a hike for you. Good luck with the Haslam thing and let us know how you find it.

If you do get the track bug then the BMW club days could be next thing. Quite a few stay over before & after and there’s usually good craic with the instructors and attendees at the hotel.

So, my pal can't change his times, he'd be hanging about waiting on me till late afternoon as my check in time is 2.55pm which is another pain in the tits, I'm dead impatient, I'd be a nightmare hanging about...his sessions first thing...I'll miss the 29th April, might consider another date.. feck it..

I did Ron Haslam school last year. I'd not done a track day before.

The guy I was paired up with was faster than I was and before you know it, I was circulating by myself.
Eventually (last lap of first session) another instructor saw me and I followed him round. next times I went out with just him. Absolutely no coaching at all - at the end of the session he just rode off.
It was a bit drizzly weather and there was at least one person going down in each group each session so people dropping like flies. They (Ron Haslam's lot) didn't seem to complain but if you'd gone down, that was your day finished.

If you know what you're doing and are confident, you'll probably have a better time than if you're new to it.

Back